𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝐭𝐡 𖦷

christmas cards

age: 1
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

SCARLETT'S POV
Carry a baby and a paint pallet down the stairs wasn't the smartest idea i'd had, Y/n was super energetic and kept trying to snatch the paint out of my hand but i couldn't let her have it because she'd definitely try and end up eating it.

"Paint" Y/n whines reaching out for it, i raise that arm higher in the air and pull the arm with Y/n in further away making her whine even more.

I finally place Y/n on the kitchen floor whilst i place the paint on the kitchen table, which i had covered in a recyclable table cloth for kids, i then buckled Y/n into her highchair and pulled her close to the table.

"Do you wanna make some Christmas cards honey?" I say in my baby voice to make her more excited, although she just looks up at me and grins reaching her hands up to my face.

I take her small hand in mine and then pull the card toward her, i pick the brown paint out first and take her thumb in my hand which was difficult as she's moving around a lot.

She lets out a loud whine and pulls her arm from my hand.

"Let mama help Y/n, we're gonna make cards" I say trying to fight her for her thumb again but she just looks up at me with a pout.

"Look, mama will show you" I say and dip my thumb in the brown paint and move it away from Y/n's reach before she can grab it then press it down onto the card.

She observes what i do before holding her thumb up, i smile and guide her thumb into the paint, she giggles as the cold paint touches her thumb, i smile and then press her thumb down next to my larger print.

"Then Y/n, watch mama" I say and draw a reindeer over my thumb drawing which had dried, Y/n gasps and points at the animal.

"Deer!" She squeals excitedly and kicks her feet against the bottom of her highchair, i nod my head and wait for hers to dry before drawing over it with the black pen.

"Isn't that cute honey?" I smile showing the card which she tries to reach out for, i pull it back from her and create a pile, placing it down, away from Y/n and pulling another card towards us, Y/n already having her thumb ready.

"More mama" Y/n squeals happily and wriggles about it her highchair, i do my thumb first before helping Y/n do hers, she seems very happy with this activity and just keeps asking me to do more.

We then moved onto to Y/n starting to helping me with the reindeers faces, she kept trying to take my pen off of me when i was doing them so i thought i'd let her do it with me, i held my hand around hers whilst we drew.

"Pretty" She mumbles and smiles placing her thumb over the thumbprint again and giggling to herself.

We do a lot more, enough so we can send them to everyone we need and a few extras incase we need them or need to send some more than we have planned out.

After Y/n's paint activity, she seemed exhausted, not that she was doing an awful lot but it was around time for a nap anyway, and she had done a lot of screaming and giggling.

I made my way upstairs and took Y/n's day clothes off, putting her in the new Christmas ones i had bought her, i even got her a santa sleeping sack which i hope she is going to love.

"Y/n, who's on here?" I ask as i've placed her down on the bed and hold the sack over her, she giggles kicking her legs and reaching out for what's in front of her.

"Santa" She babbles and pulls the sack towards her but i get her little hands off of it and make quick work of changing her into her little elf pyjamas which were the cutest thing i think i've ever seen in my entire life.

"Look at you!!" I say excitedly lifting Y/n back in my arms once she's in her elf pyjamas and in her Santa sleeping sack, she just whines and rests her head on my shoulder before i place her into her crib.

Luckily we have a bottle machine in her room so i make a quick one of them whilst i let her play with my fingers while we wait for it to heat.

"Sleep well baby" I say stroking her hair and then kissing her cheek, she waved to me cutely before i leave her room, making sure the baby monitor was switched on and working and then only shutting the door half way so i could hear her when she woke up.

-

shorter than normal but i'm exhausted