Chapter-29

His father looked at him shocked and Taehyung ran away immediately. His father was confused if it was his love for his wife or it was just because of a child. He looked at Jungkook beside him who left him slowly and he immediately spoke, "Jungkook, go help him". Jungkook nodded immediately before running behind Taehyung and people in the hall started leaving the building in panic. 

Few moments ago, Jieun washed her hands and looked at the steamer but pulled out tissue instead because she knew Taehyung must be waiting for her. She threw tissue in the dustbin before straddling towards the door and twisted the knob but crashed her brows twisting more aggressively than before. Panic washed over her realizing it was locked. There was no one with her that she could ask for help and she didn't even have a mobile. "Is there someone outside". She called out while banging on the door but she got completely silence in return. "Please somebody open the door". She shouted in panic in hope someone will listen to her but it was all a waste and her heart started beating irrationally in fear. She was helplessly stuck but stopped banging on the door slowly.

She stopped making any noise and heard voices outside which weren't clear but too muffled which indicated that it was coming from so far away but it seemed like the crowd was panicking which scared her even more if something has happened in the party. She gulped and initiated to twist the knob violently while banging on the door continuously, "please open this door". Her fear was getting wild by each second but the ground shivered under her feets when she smelled smoke outside. It was like something was burning outside and her eyes widened when she looked down. Smoke was entering through the gap between floor and door. Horror filled her heart thinking what if fire reaches to that restroom and with her trembling heart she yelled while crying.

"TAEHYUNG!!!"

__________________________

Taehyung's eyes widened seeing the corridor engulfed in fire. He ran hurriedly without caring about his well being. He shielded himself with his arm when fire flashed on him. "Jieun!!, Where are you?". He checked each restroom of that corridor but she wasn't inside. "Ji-''. His words were cutted between when someone hit his head forcefully with a metal rod. Taehyung's head throbbed with pain as he held it, feeling the wetness on his head due to blood. With blurry vision, he struggled to turn around and shook his head with parted lips to catch a glimpse of the person who hit him. But all he could see was a hazy figure holding a metal rod. 

The man struck Taehyung with a powerful hit again with a metal rod, sending him crashing into the wall. A groan of pain escaped his lips as he struggled to regain his composure. Despite the pain, he reached into his pocket, determined to defend himself. But before he could even raise his gun, the man swiftly fired a shot, hitting Taehyung's arm with precision. The force of the impact caused the gun to slip from his grasp, clattering to the ground. As his injured arm throbbed with pain, he looked up at the huge man with a mix of defiance and anguish.

A proud smirk formed on the man's face as he gloated over his victory. The tension in the air was palpable as injured Taehyung realized the dire situation he was in. "I'll be known as the killer of mafia kim Taehyung". The man once again aimed at Taehyung while smirking under his mask but Taehyung, bleeding badly and with his face covered in blood, managed to dodge the man's shot. With sheer determination, Taehyung pushed the man against the wall, his grip tightening around his wrist. The pain was excruciating, but Taehyung refused to let go. Despite the immense pain, Taehyung mustered all his strength and twisted the man's wrist, causing him to groan in agony. With adrenaline coursing through his veins, Taehyung tightened his grip, strangling the man with one hand. The man trembled in fear as Taehyung's relentless hold tightened around his throat.

He was trying to release his wrist from Taehyung with his free hand but Taehyung's grip was so tight that for a moment he felt like Taehyung would break his wrist. He closed his eyes tightly and with struggle, shot Taehyung but due to Taehyung's strong grip, he couldn't shoot him at the aiming point but the bullet just grazed his waist. Taehyung breathed sharply and held his breath to control his pain, he was nearly going to faint but blinked his eyes slowly looking at man who was ready to hit Taehyung once again But In a swift and decisive move, Taehyung shot the man in the stomach using the gun that was in his hand. The man gasped, his eyes widening in disbelief, but Taehyung didn't hesitate. He fired another shot, ensuring the threat was eliminated.