Chapter-35

( The scenes ahead May be triggering for some readers, read at your own risk, you've been warned🔞)

___________________________

Taehyung pushed Namjoon down to his knees, and Namjoon couldn't bring himself to look up. His gaze was fixed on the floor, knowing that his boss was sitting there, filled with disappointment. His hands were tied behind him, and he could hear Taehyung's heavy breathing. After almost 5 hours of careful bandaging of himself, Taehyung had brought him here. Taehyung was badly injured, with fresh bruises on his face and a securely bandaged head. "Why namjoon?". Mr Kim asked with a low but dejected tone and Namjoon couldn't form words. He knew how blindly the elder used to trust him but he broke it. He was blinded by greed which made him insane.

"You trusted this backstabber and look at him, that's his real face, such a worthless person". Mr. Kim's heart sank as Taehyung unleashed his harsh words against Namjoon. His eyes shifted to his son, whose eyes were burning with anger towards Namjoon. Taehyung blinked, locking eyes with his father, and a mocking smirk danced across his face. Mr. Kim desperately searched for a glimmer of mercy in his son's eyes, knowing how much Namjoon had done for him. But his hopes shattered when he heard Namjoon's pained yelp as Taehyung cruelly yanked his hair, forcing him to face the elder sitting before them. Mr. Kim's heart ached at the sight of Namjoon's suffering, knowing deep down that Taehyung wouldn't show any mercy. Second chances were never Taehyung's style. 

"Tell him why you did that".  Taehyung looked down at Namjoon, who was staring into Mr. Kim's eyes. Taehyung left his hair and slowly approached his father, sitting next to him with his legs spread and placing his hand on his thigh. "I.....". Namjoon stopped as he was having difficulty forming words due to shame and fear too. He sighed internally because he knew he had no choice other than this. "I wanted his power, I thought after his death, you'll give me his position". Namjoon dropped his gaze down slowly and Mr Kim sighed in disappointment, he never knew he unintentionally provoked namjoon's greed. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook who nodded immediately before pulling namjoon as he took him outside the room leaving taehyung and his father alone.

Taehyung slowly stood up and took a few steps ahead but paused when he heard his father's still voice, "What will you do with him?". He waited for his son and hoped for little mercy for namjoon. "Kick him out if you don't want him near your family......i-i I'm sure he won't repeat it". Taehyung slowly turned around with a neutral expression and raised his brow while tilting his head a little. "I know he won't repeat". His father blinked slowly but his heart crashed when Taehyung uttered calmly.

"Because I won't let him"

__________________________

After four years

Jieun walked through the hall, taking a glance at her surroundings. The atmosphere was strangely calm yet chilling, with the faint sound of workers chattering as they went about their tasks. As she moved forward in silence, memories of that incident flooded her mind. It had been such a significant time spent with Taehyung, and over the years, she had grown to rely on him deeply, even if she wasn't in love with him. He was her rock, her only one. 

But the scars of manipulation still lingered, casting a shadow over her thoughts. She couldn't shake the uncertainty surrounding her kidnapper's fate. Did Taehyung take matters into his own hands? Was he the reason her captor vanished from their lives? It was a question that plagued her mind daily, yet one that remained unasked and unanswered. Perhaps it was a topic too painful to broach, or maybe Taehyung had his reasons for keeping her in the dark.

The memory of that day when Taehyung collapsed in her laps, his injuries severe, resurfaced in Jieun's mind. He had promised to protect her from every threat in the world, except the one he unknowingly posed himself. It was a promise that held weight, but also a reminder of the complexities that intertwined their lives. Despite the passage of time, Jieun's life hadn't changed much. She still felt like Jieun, the quiet and isolated person who kept her guard up around others. It was only with Taehyung that she felt truly comfortable, allowing her vulnerable side to be seen. He held the key to unlocking her emotions, unleashing her emotions like no one else could. In that sense, he remained her Ephialtes, a figure who wielded a profound impact on her existence.