𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𖦷

my reindeer

age: 1
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

SCARLETT'S POV
Due to it almost being Christmas, i've started to decorate the house, we have the tree up and our lights outside so everything was almost complete, but i feel like me, Colin and Y/n weren't ready.

So after work yesterday, i went to the store and got us all matching reindeer onesies, Colin might not be a fan but then again at the same time, this is Colin Jost and he may think it's the best idea i've ever came up with.

I was mostly doing it for Y/n's sake because i think she would look adorable in it, crawling around the house with the reindeer onesie, i was seriously looking forward to seeing her in it.

"Colin, i have something for you" I say entering the living room with 2 presents in my hand, Y/n was crawling about in her play room, which we could see, so i've decided to give his now and hers when he is finished.

"What is it?" He looks at me skeptically, i just tell him to open it as his surprise of reindeers would be ruined other wise.

Slowly, he tears off the wrapping paper and then takes out the big reindeer onesie, looking at me as if i was insane as i stand with my hands clasped together with a smile on my face.

"Y/n has one too! Isn't it amazing!" I cheer standing on my tiptoes, Colin tries giving me his serious face but he ends up laughing and shaking his head as he looks back down at the reindeer.

"Y/n! Baby, come here, mama wants you" I shout looking at Y/n, she turns her head and sees me, smiling brightly and starts crawling through to the living room at a fast pace.

She smiles even more and grabs my knee as she pulls herself to stand up, she hasn't quite mastered walking yet but she can stand on her feet for a few seconds before falling over.

I hand her the wrapped present and watch as she falls to her bottom and attempts to rip the paper, Colin helps her by creating a small slit in the paper and soon she's off ripping the wrapping paper.

She holds up the onesie and then throws it back down and crawls over to me, using the sofa to pull herself up before bouncing on her legs and hitting the cushions.

"Come here" I lift Y/n onto my lap then lean forward and grab the onesie, i start to change Y/n from her leggings and t-shirt to the onesie, ignoring her wriggles as she tries to roll off of my lap.

"Look at her" I pout holding her up like a doll to Colin as the front face of the reindeer hood falls over Y/n's face, she lifts it up with her hand and then hits her arms by her waist and watches it fall again, which confuses her.

"It's looks too big" He says looking at me but i just roll my eyes and shake my head, sometimes bigger is better, i tell him to go change and to my surprise he does, i place Y/n on to floor and just change myself in the living room.

"Look at us!" I squeal happily lifting Y/n onto my lip and going over to the mirror in the living room, Y/n giggles and looks at me, pulling the nose on my reindeer down to cover my face, making her laugh more.

"This is ridiculous" Colin says, i turn around and see him standing in the doorway with his hands on his hips making me laugh and cover my mouth, Y/n wriggles about in my arms and i place her down and watch her crawl over to her dad, tugging on his legs.

"This is silly isn't it" He says and picks Y/n up sitting her on his hip, i smile and walk over to him, placing a kiss on his cheek, his face softens and he smiles at me, taking my hand and sitting on the sofa.

"Should we watch a Christmas movie?" I ask booping Y/n's nose, she looks at me and reaches out with her pinter finger, pressing my nose with it and giggling, before crawling onto my lap and pressing her lips against mine.

"Kisses for mama, thank you, kisses for dada?" I say and lean Y/n toward Colin, she presses her lips to his and claps her hands before wriggling off the sofa and playing on the floor, i shuffle closer to Colin and lay my head on his shoulder as we put a Christmas movie on.

When the movie starts to play, it shifts Y/n's focus from her toys up to the Tv and she sits for a moment staring at the Tv before turning around to us and crawling over, attempting to pull herself onto the sofa.

I grab under her arms and pull her in between me and Colin, she takes a hold of my hand and puts it on her lap and she leans into Colin's side, just under where my head was resting.

Y/n grabs the bottom of her reindeer onesie where her foot it and pulls it up to her body, crossing her legs making me and Colin laughs, she wriggles about then sits still and watches the movie.

All i think about is if someone walked in, how silly we would look all sitting in brown, fluffy, reindeer onesies watching an animated Christmas movie, but i think it's cute, Colin still doesn't seem impressed but he doesn't really get a say in this.

As long as Y/n was happy, which it seems like she is, it turns out the onesie had little covers for the hands on the baby ones, so i flipped them over and now she's trying to chew them off, making a slobbery mess but she's enjoying it.

-