Chapter XV

There was a pounding on the door along with shouts from the Lord and Helen and Mary. The Lord was demanding Ana to open up and Helen and Mary were trying to get him away. Mayhap she should run away? She shook her head, where will she go? Surly it would not be easy to get away, mayhap she'd bring her family more pain. It was not until the door was broke off it's hinges that Ana cringed back in fear. How could one man be so frightening?

He noticed a small figure beside the bed on the ground. Her frightening expression made him want to rethink all his actions. He was frightening and he knew it. But, the only one he seemed to frighten was Ana and everyone else other than his sister and the two maids that repeatedly asked him to cease. He shouted at the staff and ordered them to step outside, Helen and Mary refused. Lord Lorenzo then took matters further and ordered they leave or they should be the ones leaving for good. Lord Lorenzo was furious with them and their demeanor. The two old lady's swallowed hard and proceeded out of Ana's room.

Ana was not sure what to do. She was alone and vulnerable to this foul man. There was only so many things she could do but, not with this man. This man was . . . nothing compared to the men-boys-at the village. Lord Lorenzo was large, intimidating, manly and brooding. She was nothing compared to the animal he is. She stood up against the wall he was trapping her in.

"Did Idelle give you right to the Lorenzo title?" He asked her angrily, his chest heaving up and down.

Ana couldn't think with him near her. He was something out of the ordinary and she did not know why she had such a reaction towards him. She only nodded.

"Was it really necessary to break the door?" She asked quietly.

"I would not have had to if you only opened it!" He said.

"Do not shout at me! If you are to be angry, be angry at yourself! I would not have locked the door if you had not angered me so!"

"This was a tantrum?! How much of a child can you be?!" He replied.

"I am no child. If anything; you are! Threatening me so and your fits of rage! You are not in control of me, no one is!"

"Do not raise your voice at me!"

"And you, do not shout at me! I've done nothing wrong!"

He glowered at her. He could not believe such reaction coming from such a small thing. No one had ever been like this towards him ever. Not only that, she spiked him like no woman has before. Even more than . . . he shook his head. Lord Lorenzo was caught in the crossfire; to want this girl or to make her pull away from him. Nothing good can come from his feelings for her. He wanted her, to lavish her. Nothing made his desires even more heated than what his body urged him to do to her.

Lorenzo took her chin and pulled her to him and claimed her pink lips. The fire in him only grew. He pulled away from her, realizing what he has done.

Ana covered her mouth with her hand in shock. Her innocence was taken. The lord walked away without a word and she stood there frozen. Not only was she shocked, a fire erupted in her like never before. She had never been kissed and she never thought it would happen. Oh, what would papa think?! How could she allow this to happen? She should have hit the Lord. He took advantage of her and left without a word of apology! How could he taint her so? He must really despise her. Oh the shame!

Ana could not stay in her ruined room, she needed to walk about; to think. Ana scurried to the music room. There was nothing in her mind other than the Lord's kiss. He was sweet, something that bewildered her completely. She picked up a violin in the music room and began playing.

Sweet notes filled his ears. Surely this was not the girl, could it? He was bewildered by his actions towards her. He could not make the flames go down and Miss Matthews was not helping. The woman was an angel. Lorenzo needed to keep his mind from going to Miss Matthews. Her beautiful jewels that were her eyes, her long, ink hair, her sweet melody of a voice.

He shook his head. This woman needed to leave but his mind could not register that thought at all. He couldn't bring himself to write a letter to his sister, to scold her. He was rather glad Ana Matthews was here. She was . . . a light that shone brightly. Lord Lorenzo gave a flustered groan. He does not need this! He does not need her! He does not need any woman at all! Three is enough! There is no need for anymore! He pushed everything on his desk on the floor and flipped his desk. He was angry. He growled in frustration.

There was a knock on his door shortly after.

"What!?" He growled.

"There is a letter for you Sir." It was another maid.

He opened the door and took the letter, immediately closing the door after. The letter was from Mister Matthews. What on earth could he want now? Not only that, there was a box along with it.

April 5, 1807

Lord Lorenzo,

Tomorrow is to be my daughters birthday. I know you have mentioned I was to have no association but, please give this to her. I have never missed a birthday in her life and I do not plan on doing so now.

Sincerely,

Mitchell Matthews

The Lord's eyes widened. Why hadn't the chit say anything? His eyes went to the wrapped box and he opened it. Yes, it was not something he should have done but, he needed to know her likes. Once opened, there were a bunch of small trinkets. One was a hand carved dove and there was another one that was in the shape of a rose. It was quite beautifully carved, he admired. There was also a letter addressed to her that he dared not open.

He sighed. There was nothing he wanted more than to see this woman smile. He will not throw a grand party, he does not know if she would like that but, there will be cake and a few gifts. There was nothing stopping him from wanting to make this woman happy, to make Ana happy. Lord Lorenzo called for the maids and began preparing a room for Ana. He also needed to repair the door he had broken.