Chapter XXII

That insufferable, egotistical, beast! She fumed in her room. Ana was such ashamed of her actions! She let him do those things to her! Ana could not believe her body could betray her so.

It was dark outside and Ana hasn't eaten at all. Her stomach growled and before she could think of going out there, she made sure his shirt burned completely in the fire. She would never allow herself to loose control like that again, she vowed. She stormed out of the room and left to the kitchen as quickly as possible.

"Yes, go ahead and awaken everyone here."

The voice startled Ana, but quickly turned into anger.

"You are not one I wish to see at the moment, please excuse me Milord." She told him.

"You act as if I care." he said to her.

She bowed and left.

Her way angered him. He'd much rather see her flushed face once more. Ray Lorenzo raised his hand to examine it; yes, the feel of her skin was still there. The softness he felt as he teased her; he wanted to touch her once more. No, who was he jesting, not once more. Ray Lorenzo envisioned Ana's belly swollen from carrying a child; his child.

This made him want her even more. Why? Why had this had to happen? Why now? Had she been here before her would he have cared for Ana the way he is caring for her now? His lust wanting to take control as if he were an animal. A beast.

This curse will always be upon him for who could love a beast?

He was always doomed to be this way. Because she wanted it this way. The woman who will never be a part of him again. Never again would he trust a woman. That was the sole purpose for keeping these scars. The horrible scars on his face.

Ana walked into the kitchen to find it empty. No one was around and she helped herself with a small snack. There was nothing stopping her from eating to her hearts content.

She missed Idelle so much. Ana did not know why it was taking so long for the letters to reach her. The weather was alright, nothing to complain about though it was a tad bit warmer weather than before. The night's were cold, though. The wind howling and the bushes and branches of the trees rustling.

Ana sighed and laid back in the chair. Her head ached, she swore no matter what she would never take a drink again. This is a disaster. She cannot return home, she cannot see her family, she does not have anyone's support, and she feels more alone than ever.

How could anyone do such a thing? Her body craved to be touched just as it has with Lord Lorenzo. Ana wanted to be touched this way. She knew, deep in her heart, that no one would ever want her. No one would dare do such a thing to her just as the Lord has. For who would want a drab girl as their bride? Their lover? She shook her head. No, this thinking is wrong. No matter what the reason; no one should touch her.

There was a loud knock echoed in the manor. It continued as no one answered. Ana took it upon herself to answer it. She took a candle with her to illuminate the way until she was met with the enormous doors of the manor. The door creaked open as she pulled it open.

"Forgive the intrusion Miss, am I to believe you are Lady Ana?" the man asked her.

"Well, yes."

"I've come to deliver letters and my instructions were to deliver them directly to you Madam." the man took out letters and letters and a few boxes and handed them to her.

"Gracious, may I know whom they are from?" Ana asked.

"Lady Idelle, Miss. She instructed me to hand deliver them and be on my way. She also asked for a signature Miss. Please pardon the intrusion Miss, I bid you goodnight."

"Will you not stay? It's awfully dangerous here at night."

"Thank you Miss, but Lady Idelle prepared for me to stay at an inn a couple hours away from here."

"Oh, well alright. Thank you."

The man tipped his hat, "Goodnight Milady."

She closed the door and hastily went to the nearest table to read them. The candle was enough to view whom it was from and to whom it was for. They were all from Idelle and so were the boxes. She opened the first letter from the stack and proceeded to read it. Ana began opening another and another until the letters were gone, all of them.

Idelle was having a the best time at school and she seemed to be making friends. She also mentioned about her brother and how I should keep my promise. Oh, how would she respond if I told her that her brother had touched her inappropriately? Surely she would not like it, she would not like me at all. Idelle also mentioned how her brother behaves and how she was not the only one to experience his anger. I opened the last letter and read on.

April 28, 1807
Dearest Ana,

You did not tell me my cousin came for a visit! I would have loved to have seen him. I do hope his playful ways did not make you think ill of him. Not only that, you cannot believe he wrote to me! Yes, it was concerning you. He wrote, and I quote; why does she not write to me, have I offended her in any way?

Ana you have him infatuated with you! Do not deny it, you must be shaking your head right now, but I can assure you; he is quite pleased by you. Oh, how I will tease you so much about this! My cousin does not easily fall for any beautiful girl, you must have really left an impression.

Oh, Ana forgive me for not sending any of these letters earlier. I do hope my brother has not insulted you in any way, please forgive him. He is truly a nice man.

I will write you as soon as I can, and for Dorian's sake, write to him! He wishes to hear from you!

Yours,
Idelle

Idelle must be insane for saying such things. It is true, I did not tell her when Dorian came. I had forgotten it when Lord Lorenzo came. Oh Idelle, how Ana missed her. Ana began to open the three boxes. She gasped at the content.

The beautifully jeweled pieces of silver and gold with diamonds and rubies and emeralds. Each jewelry set was different and beautiful. She could not accept a gift like this. Was this what she meant with having things imported from the places she mentioned? She would not accept these. Where would she ever wear them? Idelle went too far with the gifts.

She sighed. She should rest and figure out how to send these back. When she got up, she noticed a figure looming in the shadows.

"And what may this be?" the tall, dark and angry Lord asked.