Chapter XXIX

The hot bath seemed to calm Ana a bit. It was relieving  her of her pain and the sorrow she felt. It bothered her how much of an effect he was on her. She shed tears for the man, why would she do that? Why would she feel these things for that particular man?

Theresa watched as sheer conflict was in the chits face. The girl fell asleep in the bathtub and Theresa emerged from the shadows. She circled the bathtub and decided to sit on the edge of the tin bowl, as she referred to it.

She hated to admit, but the girl did have a lovely complexion and beautiful locks. Theresa dipped her finger in the tub, circling the warm water. Black shadows submerged the water while she twirled her finger.

"It isn't safe to leave yourself open like this," she chuckled evilly, "But, it is not your fault for not knowing of Ray's past." She whispered and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Ray was busy with preparing things for the masquerade and trying not to lose his temper with the barbaric thing. His office was his only hideaway. It was until a chill ran down his spine, his hairs prickling up.

His brows furrowed and eyes narrowed. "What do you want Theresa?" He looked up, locking his gaze with the ever beautiful witch.

She had not changed. Red, fiery hair, forest green eyes, and as always; her beautiful, clean complex. But looking at her made him want to kill her.

"I came looking for you, my Beast," she chimed. She was like a siren using her sweet voice to seduce him once more.

"I know about the black haired chit slumbering in the bathtub. She is not of your taste Ray, oh how you've down graded. Now that Stella girl on the other hand; I like her. Exactly your type; no commitments, no connection; nothing."

"Jealousy does not suit you, Theresa."

She glared at him with a murderous intent. "Do not think me a fool, Ray Lorenzo and do not fool yourself either! She will not solve your problem. Who can ever love you like this?" she gestured to him. "That was the purpose of this curse, Ray, we belong together; do you not see?"

"I do not need nor want you Theresa."

"Of course not, how could you when you already have the dark haired siren? Ray, do not forget about what your foolish heart has done to you in the past. Your father, your mother? Come back to me. Do not be foolish," she purred, her hand on his chest; spanning all over him.

"I know exactly where it has brought me; trusting you was the most foolish thing I have done. I want you out of here Theresa. I will never be yours."

"Tread carefully Lorenzo. You know very well how much of a vengeful creature I am. You would not want your little girl hurt, would you?" She questioned.

"What have you done to her?" he shouted.

"Unimaginable things if you do not come back to me. I am very patient Ray Lorenzo, but my patience has limits." She raised her hand and pink hues came out of her extended palm onto his desk.

"Do you see this rose? You have until the last petal to come back to me Ray Lorenzo or I will curse you into the shadows for all eternity. If I cannot have you Lorenzo, no one will."

Theresa vanished in a cloud of black smoke. Leaving Lorenzo in his office to dwell on the events that have happened. The enchanted rose on his desk was a reminder of it. He balled his fists and let his rage loose. Things were flying, his brandy thrown across the room, his chair turned to smithereens, his desk flipped over in the middle of the office. Oh, what has he done?

Ana needed to speak to the Lord about what happened. She could not simply let it go. She still went hot thinking about their actions. Her thoughts did stray to Dorian, but it was like he never existed. Ray Lorenzo had completely charmed her. He had been gentle in their lovemaking, he had exclaimed over and over that she was his. She blushed at this. This beast . . . her beast was misunderstood. Lonely.