Chapter XXXVIII

Idelle had comforted Ana, making her feel a bit relieved about her situation. Idelle had retired to her quarters and left Ana to ponder about how everything had occurred. She lit the candles in her room, making everything a bit visible. She mumbled to herself if her family was alright.

A creak of her door caught her attention. Male shoes came to view as she made her gaze up towards the mans' face.

"Dorian," she said, standing from the chair she was in. She was happy to see her friend after the months they have not been communicating.

"Hello, please excuse the intrusion. I have been prolonging my visit for a while now. Ana," he began." Please forgive me. It was beyond cruel what I have done to you."

"I do not blame you, Dorian. It was all my fault. I pushed too far."

Dorian's jaw clanched. Even now, this beauty is blaming herself for what happened. His life is in complete turmoil, with his cousin needing help and Dorian abandoned him completely and with his new sister.

"I said things that were of no meaning. Ray did not say those things about you. My judgment was clouded by my jealousy, Ana."

Her brows knitted together in confusion and he continued. "Theresa, a witch of Ray's past, came back. She placed a curse upon Ray years back, scaring his face and soul; no matter how much he denies it. When she came, she placed a curse on you as well. A curse to keep you from being with Ray. Ana, forgive me."

He felt the need to be on his knees, defeated by his own feelings. He had hurt his cousin, he had hurt Idelle, and, long before; he caused a greater pain to Ana Matthews. "He may not show it, and he may deny it; but I know well enough to say Ray Lorenzo is deeply in love with you just as you are with him."

She may not say it out loud, but her heart has been screaming for him all this time. Dorian knew this since that day the horse took off with her. Since the day Ray basically forbade him to have any feelings for her. Dorian had hoped he was lying, he hoped it untrue. It was long past the time he should have confessed all of this. Too long. There was no guarantee she would ever forgive him for such harsh words, but he was there asking for it. Confessing the true nature of his cousin and his past.

"Dorian, there is nothing to forgive." Dorian looked at her. She came closer to him, her hands clutching his. "You are, after all, one of my closest friends."

Dorian let out a breath of contempt. "Ana, what I have said, about Cousin Ray, it is all true. I do not know if he will come back for you, but I believe you should go to him. His stubbornness and pride will cloud his judgment."

Ana only smiled. "Even if I were to go, there is no certainty he will accept me, Dorian. Thank you for your kind words."

Dorian held onto her hand a moment longer, making her look up a him, a bit surprised. "He will, Ana. If there is nothing my cousin would do if not responsibility. Go to him. I have kept you here long enough. You are still well to travel a few days and I am sure Idelle would love to go along with you."

"I would not take her away from her newfound brother."

"She mentioned it to you?" He asked surprised.

"No. I assumed because of your nature and similar looks. And I may or may not have heard it when Idelle thought I was asleep."

He chuckled. Something he has not done since the incident. "Please, Ana. Go to him. Tell him before anything else happens."

Ana debated on this. Her friend had told her the truth on her being here and yet she could still not confront Ray Lorenzo of her feelings. Another thing that had her bothered was of this curse.