Chapter V

One Week Later

Ana grew very fond of Idelle's nature and spirit. Idelle was set on teaching her proper etiquette. It felt as if Idelle was paying Ana to learn. Idelle was loud despite her angel-looking features.

"Stroke the keys, do not butcher them." She told Ana at the piano.

Ana was quite a fast learner. Idelle taught her the keys and notes and not once did Ana falter too greatly.

"I am taking quite a liking to Chopin." Ana said aloud.

Ana smiled. This was--so far--her favorite piece by Chopin; Nocturne in E-flat Major Op. 9, number 2. It was a handful to remember, nonetheless; she remembered it. The note and music was calming and beautiful, nothing she had ever heard of in the country; not even in the gatherings they sometimes had.

Idelle was quite pleased with Ana indeed. The girl was charming and blissful and quite enchanting. It angered her that her brother chose to leave very early upon her arrival, nevertheless; something marvelous came of it.

---------------

Weeks turned to months and months turned to years; three to be exact. The years they have spent together have been nothing but bliss. They have thought of one another as sisters, now.

"Idelle! You will give that back to me!" Ana chased after the woman who stole her favorite book.

"Nay! I shan't! Not until you come riding with me!"

"Idelle, I cannot! Horses frighten me, so!"

Ana had cornered the laughing Idelle to the Green Dining Hall.

"Give it back to me, woman!" She smiled at Idelle's laughter.

"Ride with me first!"

"Nay! The horse frightens me! It want's to harm me."

"Reiner does not wish to harm you!" Idelle ran to the other side of the table and Ana was on the opposite end.

"Than you ride him!" Heathcliff appeared through the door. "Heathcliff, cease her!" Ana shouted but, Idelle managed to swiftly go passed him.

"You jest! I cannot ride him! That horse will scar my beautiful face!" Idelle gloated.

"I will be the one to scar your pretty face if you do not hand over that book! I've not finished the ending!"

"I shall read it for you!" Idelle yelled from the door she had closed upon Ana's face. "For never was a story of more woe than this-"

"Idelle, you stop reading this instant!" Ana shouted.

Ana wanted to know how Romeo and Juliet ends but, if Idelle insists upon keeping the book; she shall resort to other methods.

"Idelle, it would be a shame if your perfume; imported from Italy should go missing."

The laughter behind the door ceased and became quiet.

"Perfume?" Idelle asked from the door. "Ana do not dare!"

Ana ran to Idelle's room upstairs with Idelle right behind her. All this exercise and energy to get to Idelle's room was wasted when Ana tripped over the hem of her dress and Idelle fell down with her. The two women laughed and Ana took the opportunity to steal back her book from Idelle's hands and they both tumbled over, squirming and rolling about. Ana outstretched her arm to keep the book from Idelle only to have it snatched away by annoyed Helen.

"Now, if the both of ye will calmly stand up; I have an issue I wish to discuss with ye both." Helen crossed her arms.

Idelle slowly got away from on top of Ana and Ana stood up slowly, still giggling from the earlier event.