chapter 5 🧙🏻‍♀️🪄🧹

The alpha groaned in pain in the morning; he felt like he had been working in the fields the whole night instead of sleeping. His muscles ached; he slowly opened his eyes, his forehead furrowed in tiredness, only to find himself sleeping on the floor. He got up hastily and  saw the baby witch sleeping soundly, covered in a fluffy blanket, his cherry lips parted, breathing and snoring. The alpha chuckled looking at him, then stood up and extended his arms and went outside.

The witch opened his eyes in relief and satisfaction; he had one of the best sleeps of his life on a fluffy mattress and blankets. Back home, he also has a good bed, but this is heaven.

The witch looked beneath him to find the alpha but he was not present. He went outside to the living area, but the alpha was not there too.

"Ooiiii," the witch screamed in pain; as he moved, he felt his back having a dull ache.

"Did that stupid alpha kick me in sleep to take revenge?" the witch muttered.

His arm was hurting too today

" what's with my arm now?"

He rolled up his sleeves to see a red bruise; the witch's eyes welled up and found their way to his rosy cheeks.

The alpha entered the cottage with a lamb he hunted, just to see the witch sobbing silently.

The alpha didn't like it at all; he rushed to the younger, keeping the hunted lamb on the kitchen counter.

"Hey! What happened? Why are you crying?" the alpha asked softly.

The witch looked at the alpha in front of him, his lips wobbly, his eyes filled with tears, slowly making their way to his cheeks.

"My alpha," the witch said between sobs.

Taehyung's heart raced at an inhuman pace.

"W... what?" The alpha asked, panicking.

"My alpha hurt himself again," the witch said while sobbing.

Taehyung's heart was on fire; was the witch crying because his alpha hurt himself?

"Does your arm hurt?" Taehyung asked.

The witch shook his head in denial.

"Then why are you crying?" the alpha asked.

"Can't you see, my alpha is in pain; he hurt himself. Of course, it rips my heart. I don't know if he has anyone who takes care of him. My alpha is alone for 100 years. I want him now," the witch sobbed in agitation.

"Why do you love your alpha so much?" the elder asked him just above a whisper.

"Because he is my mate; he is waiting for me for years, that's why. I took long enough to be born; I... I feel guilty. I am a bad mate," the witch cried.

"Baby, don't cry; it's okay. He's an asshole who makes you cry like this," the elder said.

"Don't call my alpha an asshole; you are an asshole," the witch barked.

"And don't call me baby; only my mate can call me baby," he said while wiping his tears.

The elder smiled at the younger and chuckled sweetly.

"Okay, I am an asshole. Now stop crying; look what I bought for us. Today we will make lamb stews," the alpha said, trying to lift the mood of the younger.

The younger looked at the kitchen counter while hiccuping; the heart of the alpha broke to look at the red swollen eyelids of the younger.

The younger winced in pain.