𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡 𖦷

advent calendar

age: 4
mom: scarlett
dad: colin
sister: rose
rose's age: 4

-

SCARLETT'S POV
With twins, life was very unpredictable, i wake up every morning wondering if they'd be best friends or worst enemies and the majority of the time they were friends and had no bad blood.

Yet they had their days where they just didn't get along and had arguments all day long, which was exhausting but it was inevitable, with twins or not, siblings will fight and there is no stopping it.

Clearly this morning the pair had woken up on the wrong sides of the bed, they were both grumpy and angry at each other and even at me, snapping at me every time i tried to do something.

"This is not the Christmas spirit guys!" I say placing the bauble back on the tree after it got knocked off by Y/n shoving Rose after she knocked down her block tower.

I sigh and move Y/n over to the step and sit her down there whilst i sit Rose in the corner of the living room.

"Mommy i'm going upstairs" Y/n shouts and huffs before stomping upstairs, i just roll my eyes and put the Tv on so i could relax, once the timer went off Rose came out the corner and sat next to me and apologised for her behaviour which was the right thing to do.

I'll go up to Y/n later because right now i'm enjoying this movie with Rose, it's nice and quiet in the house which is something i need right now, just a moment to chill out and take a breather.

"Mommy, can i have a gingerbread man?" Rose asks me, i nod my head and pat her sides, standing up and taking her hand and taking her into the kitchen, going into the cupboard and grabbing her one.

"Do you wanna go upstairs and play? Nicely" I add on, Y/n nods her head and smiles before running upstairs, i left the jar out because i knew Y/n would come down asking for a gingerbread man herself.

I sat back down on the sofa and picked up my phone, going through instagram and checking my text messages.

That was until i heard a scream from Rose then followed by her cries, i tilted my head back and looked at the stairs, ready to see her running down with a ball of hair clawed out her hair, but when she came down she was unharmed, which was good.

"Why are we crying?" I ask softly lifting Rose onto my lap, i smile softly but she starts crying more and gasps, which panics me a little as maybe this isn't something silly and something is wrong.

"Y/n eated my chocolate" Rose sobs harshly, i look down and see the gingerbread still sitting in her hand.

"Rose honey, he's right here" I say hoping that Rose was mistaking chocolate for the gingerbread man but Rose just shakes her head and cries more, putting the gingerbread man down in the table.

"My chocolate doors" She sobs, yet i'm still confused by what she means so i stand up with her on my hip and carry her upstairs to where Y/n was.

The sight i saw was not something i expected to see, Y/n on the floor, her mouth covered with Chocolate, Rose's advent calendar ripped up, Y/n's still sitting neatly on the windowsill.

"Y/n Johansson!" I shout placing Rose down and storm over, taking the calendar from Y/n's hands, she looks up at me with wide eyes, clearly knowing she's been caught as Rose digs her head in my legs and cries harder.

"How dare you to do that your sisters advent calendar" I say sternly using my free hand to pull Y/n to her feet and take her downstairs, i sit her in the living room in the corner Rose was previously on.

"Do not move!" I say and then take Rose to the sofa, sitting her on my lap and cuddling her close, rubbing her arm to calm her down.

Due to it being just after midday she was exhausted and the twins were still having small naps and this was around the time they would nap so Rose fell asleep pretty quickly in my arms.

I took her upstairs and lay her in her bed, tucking her in and kissing her head, taking Y/n's advent calendar and taking it downstairs, putting on my stern face as i called Y/n's name, watching her turn to look at me.

"Sit here" I point beside me and Y/n scrambles to her feet and climbs onto the sofa beside me.

"Why did you eat Rose's chocolate?" I ask giving Y/n a stern face so she knew i wasn't joking, she just shrugged her shoulders, there probably wasn't an exact reason, she was just angry and wanted to make Rose mad.

"Are you aloud to eat Rose's chocolate?" I ask and watch Y/n shake her head as she moves her finger to her mouth and looks down at the sofa.

"Correct, so why did you think it's acceptable to eat all of the chocolate that should be lasting until Christmas" I ask taking her finger out her mouth, yet again she shrugs and keeps her eyes down.

"Rose will be having your calendar" I say lifting Y/n's chin up, her bottom lip wobbles as she shakes her head and crawls onto my lap, but i don't wrap my arms around her like i usually would.

"Please mommy! I'm sorry" She sobs and tries to redeem herself, wanting her advent calendar back, not wanting Rose to have hers and her to miss out on them.

"Well Y/n, when you eat your sister's chocolate, she gets to eat yours because what you done was naughty" I say explaining her behaviour and the problems that it causes.

"But what about my chocolate" She cries looking up at me with those shiny green eyes.

"You made the decision to eat all of Rose's therefore you've had all the chocolate you need until Christmas" This only makes Y/n cry harder as she begs for her advent calendar back.

"No, you need to understand that what you did was wrong and naughty" Y/n falls against my chest and cries gently, i let out a sigh, since i'm taking the calendar off of her i don't see why she doesn't deserve a cuddle at least.

"I know Y/n, but you're not aloud to do that" I say rubbing her back as she cries into my chest some more.

"Let's go lay down, then when you and Rose wake up, you can apologise and tell her that she will have your advent calendar" I say standing up with Y/n in my arms after her cries have died down a bit.

I tuck Y/n into bed making sure she was comfy and gave her a kiss, she lets out a small whine and pours but i just shake my head knowing she's trying to use her baby face to get out of trouble, i turn off the light and shut the door, sighing as i go downstairs, wondering how i'm going to explain this to Colin.

-
not proofread