11

"Wanna sleep in my bed tonight?" Kun pouted his lip slightly, holding my hand in his as we sat on the couch together.

I pulled my hand away, looking him in the eyes. "I have to sleep in my room... Jaemin and I have a photoshoot early so I wouldn't want to bother the rest of wayv."

Kun's frown goes bigger, nodding his head slowly and turning to face the wall. He was disappointed, I knew that, yet still I made the excuse because I can't handle being with him all night.

"When we both have off days I'll treat you to a date." I attempted to cheer him up but he only nodded slowly again, mumbling something under his breath that I couldn't understand.

Fuck my parents for making me choose. Fuck them for making me still care about them enough to be struggling with this decision. It should be easy, I love Kun, and my parents still can't accept the fact I'm a guy so I should pick Kun.

"Kun-" I called out for the older, blinking my eyes when I realized he was no longer sat next to me. I heard the door of his room close, louder than usual. This has never happened before, Kun is mad and it's because of me.

"Y/n... what happened when you went home?" Lucas was stood behind me, I'm not sure for how long. I turn to face him, eyes big with worry after what Kun had done.

I furrow my eyebrows, how would this have anything to do with going home?

"What?" I tilted my head to the side. He looked at me like he was about to tell me Boo has died.

"You've been acting off ever since you came back. You just rejected Kun's offer to have a sleepover, and I know damn well a stupid photoshoot isn't the reason." He leaned against the back of the couch, watching me closely.

I let out a shaky breath, breaking eye contact. "It's nothing." I started but was quickly cut off by Lucas.

"Don't even start with that. Y/n you can't keep something to yourself if it's going to eat you up like this. Let me help you." He basically begged for me to say something.

Lucas was the only one who knew my true relationship with my parents. After I came out to him, I had brought up one day that they reacted badly and took years to even refer to me as their son. It was supposed to be okay now, they had gotten better and despite me not seeing them in forever my mom had texted me each year to say happy birthday my beautiful boy.

"My mom called me her little girl." I spoke in a defeated tone, my body going limp as I was brought back to that moment.

Lucas stayed quiet, jaw dropped slightly at the news.

"My parents said it was useless for me to have transitioned if I was just going to date a guy anyways." I added, a tear falling down my cheek. "They said they were worried about me and that if I didn't break up with Kun then they would basically disown me."

"How is that a response to being worried for your kid? Y/n this is fucked up, what did you tell them?" Lucas had walked around the couch, taking a seat beside me.

"I said I would think about it. They're still my parents, I can't just let them go." I raised my voice, defensive about my decision.

Lucas sighed heavily. "No parent should make their child feel this way. Kun makes you happy, happier than they ever have and that should tell you something. They can't accept the fact you are a guy and you are dating a guy, and if they want to take it this far you should give them the answer they don't want to hear. This was a threat, for all you know they won't even actually leave."

"They're my fucking parents, Lucas." I stood up from the couch quickly. "Kun and I have only been dating for 3 months, they've been in my life for over 20 years."

"They haven't been in your life properly since you came out at 13. You know damn well you are being extremely generous in giving them those 22 years."

Lucas raising his voice at me was intimidating, I felt scared in the moment. It was almost like betrayal, I had opened up to him and now he's telling me to just give up on my relationship with my parents.

So I left the dorms without saying another word, ignoring Lucas' calls from behind me.

✖️✖️✖️

Lucas is being a little harsh, but I'll forgive him because he is definitely right.