34

Practice went pretty well considering we got there 45 minutes late. I know it should take some time for Renjun and I to find a comfortable pace for our friendship again, but thankfully we just continued off where we left it. Despite this, I did take the time to fully pay attention to the clues I missed before, like the blush after we hugged, or the drop of his smile when I was laughing with Chenle.

We will be okay though, Renjun wasn't going to let his feelings ruin things, and I am going to do everything in my power to make him feel comfortable.

On the way home I was sat next to Jaemin in the van, the dark haired boy giggling to himself over literally nothing. He leans in close to me, pointing a finger at Renjun in the seat in front of us. "You're not the only one who makes him blush anymore." He whispers next to my ear.

I raise an eyebrow, not quite sure what Jaemin was on about, but when was I ever.

It was only a few more moments before we pulled up to the dorm, all 8 of us working on exiting the car. Chenle may or may not have shoved Jisung a little too hard, causing the boy to yelp as he falls out of the car(thankfully Jeno was there to catch him before he face planted).

"I think this is our hardest choreo yet." Haechan groans as we make our way up to the dorms.

Renjun shoves the boy playfully. "You say that every time we have a comeback."

Now, we all knew the dorms were meant to be empty when we got back, but we also weren't necessarily shocked to see Kun sitting at the table off to the right. He stood up as soon as we entered the dorm, his lips pulled downwards as he walked up to me.

Kun grabbed my face gently, cupping my cheeks in his hands. "She hit you?" He said softly, rubbing his thumb against the light bruise that was clearly in the shape of fingers.

My eyes stayed wide as I looked at him, not sure how to respond. I turn my head to face the other members, not struggling because Kun's grip on my face was as light as a feather. He kept his hands up though, his fingers just following where my head was going.

Haechan scrunched his face up, sighing loudly. "I'm sorry, he said he would give me $20 if I told him what happened." He groans, throwing his arms around dramatically.

I turn back to Kun. "I'm okay..." I say softly. "Renjun stopped her from doing it again."

"She was going to hit you a second time?" Kun let's go of my face, putting his hands on his hips and sighing with frustration.

My eyes start welling up with tears quickly, my voice shaky as I speak. "The company has banned her from coming to the dorms without my permission... she won't hurt me again. It was only one time."

I could tell Kun wanted to say something more, but instead he just placed his hand on the back of my head and pulled me into a hug. I could hear Mark shooing people off to their rooms, I didn't pay much attention to it though because I immediately started sobbing into Kun's shoulder.

"It'll be okay." Kun shushes me, his hand running up and down my back soothingly. "It's going to be okay."

✖️✖️✖️

Is the sequel satisfying you guys? I personally think the first book sucks but you guys seem to have loved it so hopefully you guys love this one too~