32

*WARNING: not really transphobia this time but there is some physical abuse*

"Someone go knock the bathroom door down and drag Haechan over here. We seriously can't be late." Mark sighed, a hand on his hip like a mother.

Jisung was the first to move, so the other 5 of us stood still, bags over our shoulders as we waited for Haechan. We would be learning the choreo for our new song today, so Haechan cannot make us late.

A knock on the door brought us all out of our heads, Mark sighing heavily. "See now look, the manager had to come up and get us because Haechan is taking too long." He places his hand on the doorknob, opening the door to reveal a woman that was definitely not our manager.

"Y/n." She spat out, eyes full of anger as she ignored everyone else in the room.

My mouth dropped slightly at the sight of her, the bag on my shoulder sliding down to the floor. "Mother..." I called back softly.

"3 weeks you've been ignoring me. I'm your damn Mother you can't do this to me." She walks into the dorm, grabbing my wrist tightly.

I've never been scared of my Mother. Yes, she hurts my feelings and makes me feel pathetic, but I've never been genuinely scared she was going to hurt me. The grip she had on me hurt. She was hurting me, and my members were in the room to see it.

"How can you do this to me?" She switched up, the anger in her eyes appearing more like sadness now. But that was only for a moment. "Quit being a fucking baby and communicate with me like a normal person." She lifted her hand, bringing it down against my cheek with a loud noise.

I didn't have time to fully react, a hand grabbing my Mother's wrist before she could lay her hands on me again. Renjun stood beside her, eyes narrowing as he looked down at her.

"Get your fucking hands off of him." Renjun basically growled, stepping between me and my mother.

My mother looked offended, eyes wide as she looked at Renjun. "That is no way to speak to your friends mother." She spat, pulling her arm away.

Renjun rolls his eyes. "And you think the way you speak to your son is acceptable?" He takes a step forward, amused with the way my mother took a step back. "Now, could you please leave. We're late for practice."

Haechan and Jisung had come down the hallway together, faces scrunched up as they must have heard what was happening. My mother glared at each of us before leaving, a heavy sigh coming from my chest the moment the door was closed.

"Y/n... are you okay?" Renjun grabbed my arm softly, lifting my wrist to his eyes as if checking for bruises. "I'm sorry..." He continues, his voice barely above a whisper.

I stare at him, my eyes big and glossy. Renjun was here, in front of me and he didn't look like he wanted to run as far away as possible.

Mark grabbed the other members, mumbling something about meeting us in the car before soon it was just Renjun and I.

"I'm such a dick." Renjun groans, dropping my hand and turning to face the wall. "Who the hell thinks ignoring their best friend is the best way to lose feelings for them?"

I stayed quiet, still unsure if this was Renjun coming back or not.

"I still..." He starts, turning back to face me. "I still have feelings for you." He admits. "But taking a break- or whatever- from being your friend, is not really the way to handle this.

I nod slowly. "Yeah, that was kind of a shitty move."

Renjun chuckles, eyes filled with tears. "I know. And you can hate me all you want for doing that, but I'm coming back as your best friend whether you like it or not."

✖️✖️✖️

Besties are back:)