18

I haven't heard from my parents in a week. Before I posted the photo of Kun and I, they had been texting me everyday reminding me to make a choice, but those messages have disappeared. I knew this was coming, they told me they would cut me out of their life. It still hurt to know they really went through with it.

"Are you okay?" Kun asked for the nth time that evening, his back pressed against the couch while my legs draped over his own.

I nod my head slowly. "I prepared myself." I admit, because I was okay. I've learned for to respect myself when it comes to them.

They treated me like shit. They wanted me to be someone I wasn't and I deserved better than that.

"I love you." Kun spoke barely above a whisper, his eyes big as he looked at me like I was the most beautiful person in the world.

My cheeks flushed slightly after he spoke, turning my head to face the wall with a slight smile on my lips. "I love you." I mumbled back, my voice even softer than Kun's had been.

He reached forward, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer. I was now pressed against his side, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. He pressed a kiss to my cheek, smiling at me so brightly I had to close my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He added, louder than the last time, smile still present on his face.

I hummed, my head tilted to the side.

"You don't deserve any of this. I promise I'll try my best to make your life happier than it has been." He says. "I want to make you happy."

My lips pull into a frown. "You do make me happy. You make me so happy that I forget my parents are even assholes to begin with. You don't need to try any harder, I'm happy with how things are and I think this is the best outcome that I could have gotten."

Kun only nods, leaning forward to press his lips to mine quickly before leaning his head against my shoulder.

"Do I make you happy?" I asked, worried I was too busy receiving in this relationship and not giving as much as I should be.

Kun nods against me. "You make me very happy."

And at this point I truly believed everyone was happy. All 24 of us are doing well, no one felt insecure or worried, we are all healthy and it was going to be okay.

✖️✖️✖️

I was not gone, I just went through a small phase where every time I typed a sentence in this book it made me dysphoric. I'm alright now though, I've been working on some other stories I have in my drafts and was actually feeling good with typing this out so enjoy this small chapter while I work on some more:)