Broken

6 MONTHS LATER

The relationship between Rhaenyra Targaryen and Mason Baratheon blossomed as time went by. They would read, drink and sit together the majority of their days.

The opportunity for Rhaenyra to shine in the small council was yet to come but Mace was supportive of his friend and reassured her that it would come. Mace and Elenda's affairs continued as well, Borros never growing suspicious of their behaviors. He was too busy with his women to care about what his brother was doing.

Rhaenyra and Alicent's friendship was also returning to normal as they both tried to bond over their losses. But Alicent was still seeing the King in his chambers and never telling the Princess. Ser Otto Hightower insisted that his daughter listen to him and that seeing the King would benefit them later.

Unfortunately, Lady Alicent Hightower had no choice but to abide by her father's orders.

The Princess and her friend had snuck into the kitchens, eating the supply of bread and filling some cups with water and other delicious drinks.

"You should come to Storm's End," Mace suggests as he fills his cup with rich wine and Rhaenyra smiles, "I think you'd like the sights of Shipbreaker Bay and the rest of the Stormlands."

"As wonderful as that sounds, I like what I see here," Rhaenyra grins as she stares at Mace, who turns away to look for more food.

"Really? It almost always rains over there," Mace says as he grabs a small loaf of bread, breaking a piece and giving it to Rhaenyra.

"To be quite frank, I miss it," The Baratheon boy confesses and Rhaenyra slightly frowns.

"It is quite alright if you miss home," Rhaenyra said as she bit into her bread, "If it makes you feel better, it will always be there should you want to visit it."

"Will I be able to visit Storm's End when I am a Kingsguard?"  Mace asks, "Does your father allow that?" A slight smirk on his face as he holds a bowl of grapes.

"I don't know," Rhaenyra says but she leans in, staring directly into Mace's eyes, "But when I am Queen, I will be sure to allow it just for you." She reaches for a grape and he smiles at her.

Their laughter echoed softly as the shared moment lingered. Mace's eyes reflected a mixture of gratitude and warmth. "That's a promise I'll eagerly hold you to, my dear friend," he replied, his tone sincere.

Rhaenyra grinned softly. "Then let's make a pact, shall we? When I sit upon the Iron Throne, you'll be by my side as the most esteemed knight of my Queensguard, and Storm's End will always welcome you back."

Mace's smile widened. "A pact it is, my Princess." He extended his hand, and they clasped their palms together, sealing their agreement in the flickering candlelight of the kitchen.

As they continued their feast, the bond between Rhaenyra Targaryen and Mason Baratheon deepened, rooted in loyalty, trust, and the shared dreams of a future yet to unfold.

The sound of footsteps made Mace and Rhaenyra scramble to hide the food and knocked over a pitcher of wine all over the floor.

The sound of the metal cups rang out in the room as Ser Harrold walked in, a hand on his sword.

"Princess, Ser, thought I would find you in here," Harrold mutters as he steps closer, observing the wine and food all over the stone counters.