The White Flower

The news had spread all around the Stormlands of the Young Stag's fury in the Dornish Incursions. News also spread that the Lady Baratheon was once again great with child, rumored to be another girl. This did not sit well with Lady Elenda.

When the young lord returned home to Storm's End after six moons away from home, Elenda greeted her husband in the round hall.

"I am sorry, Mason," Is the first thing the Lady Elenda said as Mace removed his helmet and greeted her with a small kiss to her cheek.

"Whatever for?" Mace asks as he removes his sword belt, giving it to a servant whom he thanked.

"Maester Devan tells me I am to have a girl," Elenda said and Mace is confused.

"And what is wrong with that?" he asks and Elenda scoffs.

"As your wife, my duty is to give you a son. An heir," The Lady Baratheon tells him and her husband laughs.

"Your duty as my wife is to simply love me and cherish the family we have." Mace reminds her, "And I think you have been doing a splendid job." He puts a gentle hand on Elenda's belly. "And I already have an heir: Cassandra."

"Your father doesn't seem to think so," Elenda says, "I think he just really wants a grandson. That's every man's dream isn't it?"

"Well he can find that somewhere else," Mace says under his breath as he pushes his hair back. Elenda observes him, "The Young Stag, huh?"

"Better than the Bruised Knight," Mace says as he walks past her and she follows him.

"Where are the girls?" Mace asks and Elenda leads him toward the solar, her voice softer now, tinged with concern. "Cassandra is playing with the handmaidens, as usual, and Maris is sleeping, the handmaidens are also watching her." She pauses, her gaze searching his face.

"Is something wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?" Mace questions as Elenda pulls out a scroll from her sleeve.

"This came from the King earlier today. It was expected that you read it as soon as you arrived home," Elenda informs him as Mace hesitantly takes the scroll.

He opens it and reads it cover to cover. There is a moment of silence before he closes his eyes and sighs.

"Storm's End is to host the Princess Rhaenyra whilst she is on the search for a husband," Mace says with an unreadable tone and Elenda nods.

"Your father has agreed to host her as well and even help her in her search," Elenda tells him and she eyes his reaction. He takes a deep breath.

"Of course she had to pick the Stormlands first," Mace uttered under his breath as he folds the scroll and continues forward.

"When is she set to arrive?" Mace questions and Elenda rubs her belly.

"Your father has ahold of that information," Elenda tells him and he nods.

"Well we must be carefully prepared for the Princess's arrival and call upon the lords of the kingdom to court," Mace replied and Elenda gives him a look.

"I am simply doing my duty," Mace insists, "Like her or not, she is still our Princess and our future Queen. You will do well to remember that."

"I was only wondering when the lessons could start," Mace asked the Septa who looked down at Cassandra who was hiding behind her father's leg.