Mutual Understanding

Rhaenyra packed her things as quickly as she could. She and her father were to visit Driftmark in the hopes of proposing the marriage proposal. King Viserys was certain, Lord Corlys could not refuse the offer.

Mason was to leave to the North and so she wasn't too upset about the trip. They would meet again either way and this time there was no Daemon or Ser Criston to get in the way of it.

Mason had left Rhaenyra's chambers as soon as he could and greeted his daughters who were already bouncing off the walls as usual.

More so Cassandra with Maris following after her.

When Cassandra sees her father walk through the door, she runs right at him, "Are we going to see the snow now?"

Mason had almost forgotten that he had promised his daughters that they would see the North and the beautiful snow. Since Rhaenyra was going to be away for a few weeks to pay the Velaryons a visit. He figured that he would use that time to go to the North and spend some time with his family.

He smiles widely at them, "We will. Are you excited? The both of you?"

"Snow fall from skies," Maris wonders and Mace nods at her.

"It sure does," Mason says as he grabs Maris and lifts her into the sky, "Just as the rain does. We see it at all the time at home."

"When will we go back there?" Cassandra asks as she lifts her arms, wanting to be picked up too.

"Soon, right after we go to the North. We will visit your grandmother's old home," Mace promises, noticing Cassandra's arms.

He sighs and lifts her up too, "I'll carry you both like this and you can touch the snow before it kisses the ground!"

"I want to go see!" Cassandra exclaims as she grips Mason's collar and pulls on it in excitement.

"Patience!" Mason says as he takes long strides over to the bed, his daughters in each arm. "Do you both want to see a small demonstration?"

His girls nod and giggle loudly. He lifts Maris and launches her into the soft and cushioned bed. The young girl lands with a thud and a creak of the bed as she falls into a storm of giggles.

She curls up into a ball as she moves out of the way. Cassandra is thrown onto the bed, giggling as she lands on the pillows.

"Now you!" Cassandra shouts as Mason chuckles and throws himself onto the bed. "I'm going to eat the both of you," He playfully growled as he pulls his daughters closer, falling into fits of laughter.

Everything felt right.

Cassandra goes up to the window, running away from her father's arms. Mace manages to grab Maris and throws her onto the bed again.

"It's raining!" Cassandra cried out.

Outside in the pouring rain, Alicent ran to catch up with her father. Otto Hightower was dismissed as Hand of the King.

"A moment," Alicent called out to Otto. "I do not wish to see you go."

"Such is the King's decision," Otto bitterly says.

"A decision I most bitterly regret," Alicent tells him.

Otto chuckles falsely, "And yet, you made it possible. You chose Rhaenyra."

"She swore her innocence, and I believed her," Alicent replied.

"You wanted to believe her, as did her father," Otto declared.