The Princess's Courtship

Mace stood holding Ellyn in his arms whilst Boremund bounced Cassandra on his knee. He wore his formal clothing with the Baratheon sigil in the middle of his tunic and a gold chain with small stags to represent his House.

Mason wore something similar but instead of a brownish yellow, it was all black. His cloak nearly hit the ground and it was black with yellow, clipped to his doublet with a stag pin.

"A Storm Queen once sat this very throne, my girl," Boremund says as he pats the stone chair that was covered in fur for the Princess to soon sit on for her courtship. "I imagine many more sat the throne before her."

Cassandra had begun to learn many new words from the stories her father read to her and so she said, "I will be Queen?"

"Perhaps, maybe one day," Boremund said as he stroked his granddaughter's black hair. "There have been no Storm kings or queens for a while, my girl."

"Why?" Cassandra asked as Mace rocked Ellyn in his arms, listening.

"Because dragons rule over Westeros, Cassandra," Boremund told her, "Stags still rule in their own Kingdom, but serve the dragon King. Has your father told you that story?"

"Yes," She replies as she looks up at her dad, "He tell me about princess and flowers."

Boremund smirked at his son, "I am sure he has." Mace shamelessly eyed his dad after the revelation.

"I wonder if the Princess knows she has been made into a fairytale for your daughters, son," Boremund teased as he bounced Cassandra on his knee as she picked at the fur on the throne.

"They're not fairytales when there are some truths to it," Mason said as he rocked Ellyn.

"Hmm," Boremund nodded. The doors to the Round Hall opened to reveal Princess Rhaenyra striding in with her white knight following close behind. Targaryen household guards also followed after them and being led by Ser Roland.

Mace and Boremund bowed their heads as Rhaenyra approached them.

She looked beautiful.

"Princess," Boremund greeted and Rhaenyra smiled at them both. He carefully got up and gently put Cassandra on his hip.

"Forgive us, Princess," Boremund said as he gestured to Maester Devan who stood nearby to help with Cassandra.

"I got her," Mace said as he reached his hand out for Cassandra to take. She takes it and admires Rhaenyra and that pretty hair of hers.

The Princess notices and she curtsies slightly to Cassandra.

"My Lady," Rhaenyra acknowledges her and Cassandra's smile grew wider at the Princess's words, "A beautiful girl you are." Mace smiles warmly as Cassandra's grip tightens around his own in excitement. Ser Criston watched the encounter and couldn't help but smile at the little Baratheon girl. He just didn't like who her father was.

"What do we say to that, Cassandra?" Mace asks his daughter as she bows her head, perhaps a little too low and politely says, "Thank you."

Rhaenyra giggled as Cassandra went to go and hide behind Mace's leg and he looks up at Rhaenyra. She gives him a hopeful smile and he nods at her.

"Good to see you, Princess," Mace quickly mutters as he turns and goes for the door that led to rest of the stronghold.

"Are you not going to be joining us, Mason?" Boremund asks as he raises his brows. Mace turns, adjusting Ellyn and shrugs his shoulders. He avoids Rhaenyra's piercing gaze and simply says, "Later."

Maris was a heavy sleeper and never cried, but only when she was hungry. So when Mason arrived to his daughter's chamber, Elenda and the handmaiden sat together discussing a new routine for Maris.