Decieved

That night when Rhaenyra went back to her chambers, the smile never left her face.

She passed by her sworn guard, smiling at him, "Good night, Ser Criston."

"Sleep well, Princess," He mutters sweetly as he turns to face the wall again.

She had a date with one of the kindest lords she had ever met. Someone who did not want the Princess, but rather just Rhaenyra.

She was ready to put on a simple cloak over her head until she found a note and a bag on her table. Peeking into the bag, she found dirty clothes and a page's hat.

It was a scroll of some sort. She opened it to find instructions on how to open a secret compartment. The words were in High Valyrian and there was no other person who knew this language than her family.

Her uncle wrote this?

No it could not be.

Was he asking her to leave the castle? With him?

She was supposed to meet Mason in a tavern near the Cobbler's Square, the further side of town. It was decided as their rendezvous point instead of them both leaving the castle at the same time.

Rhaenyra looked back at the scroll and looked for where this compartment could be.

She strode over to a large wardrobe she had, putting her weight against it and pushed it aside. There was no door. At least that she could see. She ran her fingers along the wall, trying to find a crack. She sees the tiniest bit of uneven wall and pushes against it again.

She nearly stumbles as the wall came off to reveal a long stairway going down into the lower levels of the castle.

As Rhaenyra came down the stairs, she saw Daemon waiting for her by a small balcony. She had torn away her pretty dress and put on the dirty clothes.

She figured she would walk around with her uncle to catch up and meet Mason at the Square

"Where are we going?" Rhaenyra asked as Daemon smiled at her.

"I felt that a trip to the city might raise your spirits, Princess," Daemon smirked and Rhaenyra quirked a brow.

"It's just what she was going to the city for so why not?" she thought to herself.

He grabbed her shoulder, leading her forward. She let out a breath of air as she descended down the stairs with Daemon.

Mason managed to sneak out of his chambers but not before he went over to plant kisses on his daughter's foreheads.

They were both sound asleep as Mason stroked his eldest girl's hair, "Forgive me for what I am about to do." He whispered as he planted one last kiss and left the room.