The Young Stag

The next morning, King Viserys was called out to the forest with the royal hunters having informed him that they discovered something.

When King Viserys arrived on horseback, he found Ser Harwin and a few other men trying to contain a large stag.

It was not white as the Lord Hand had hoped.

The brown stag groans and Ser Harwin pants heavily, "It may not be white, Your Grace. But he's a big lad!"

Otto looks down and Jason steps forward, "Your Grace. For the kill." Viserys was handed the large golden spear by Lord Jason.

He smiles and walks over to the big animal. The hunter gestures to a spot just above the stag's neck.

"Right here, Your Grace," He says and Viserys hesitates. He takes a moment to himself before he drives the spear into the stag's neck but it writhes in pain and cries out.

"One more time, Your Grace. A little bit to your left,"The hunter tells him and Viserys takes another moment and shoves the spear into the stag. It finally stops moving and everyone smiles in satisfaction.

Just a few minutes away, Rhaenyra was overlooking the camp with Ser Criston on a mountainside. Rhaenyra's white mount was dragging the boar: the Princess's kill. The wind blew nicely over the scenery and some leaves crunch a few feet away.

Criston sharply turns to see the culprit. Rhaenyra softly turns her head as her eyes land on a white stag.

The knight slowly unsheathes his blade but Rhaenyra calls him off. "No," She simply says and Criston puts his sword away. Rhaenyra smiles at the white stag as it turns and trots away.

Seems the gods did show their favor that day

Later that morning, Elenda came out to find her lordly husband still sitting by the fire outside the Baratheon tent.

"Good morrow, my lord," Elenda greets him and he groans in response. She sits beside him, "Did you sleep at all?"

"I could not," Mace answered. He threw some sticks into the fire and turned at the sound of people gathering in the middle of the camp.

"What's going on?" Elenda asked as Mace stood up, walking over to the center of it all. Princess Rhaenyra came off her horse, elegantly strolling past the stunned and disgusted crowd. Ser Criston followed after her and Mace suddenly grew angry.

He didn't know what he was feeling. But it felt awful and terrible.

Rhaenyra was covered in dried blood and she passed the crowd with a firm expression. Mace watched as Ser Harwin gives her an impressed look that only made Mace feel worse.

Mace and Rhaenyra lock eyes and she cracks a small smile at him, a look that made Elenda feel terrible now. As much as Mason was trying to restrain himself from even acknowledging Rhaenyra, as he knew what would happen if he didn't, he couldn't help but smile.