Stop Hiding

"Have you spoken to her?" Viserys asks as Alicent sits on a chair beside the fireplace.

"No," Alicent answers plainly, "It is not in Rhaenyra's nature to be deceitful. I cannot say the same for your brother."

"You believe he lied?" Viserys questions.

"How often does he speak the pure truth?" Alicent asks.

"How does confessing to such things serve him?"

"By reducing you," The Queen mutters and Viserys lets out a long sigh.

"Whatever transpired, Rhaenyra is not innocent,"Viserys counters.

"Only because Daemon tried to corrupt her," Alicent defends but Viserys is not convinced of anything.

"Daemon and Rhaenyra share the blood of the dragon. They are restless and chaotic," Viserys declares and Alicent taps her fingers on the chair.

"She swore to me that she remains a maiden. And I believe her," She told him.

Rhaenyra walks through the corridors, Ser Criston walks behind her as well as the Lord Commander. She was being escorted to the King's chambers, surely to talk about what transpired.

She took a deep breath as they approached the doors. Ser Criston opens the door, moving aside to let the Princess pass.

He stares at her and waits. She grows uncomfortable, walking in only to be greeted by silence and her father not present at all.

She sees a small cauldron with a fire burning, the King's dagger rests on top. Rhaenyra walks up to it, eyeing its beauty.

Just as she goes to grab it, her father's voice startles her.

"That dagger once belonged to Aegon the Conqueror," He tells her, "It was Aenar's before that. And before that... Well, it is difficult to know."

He walks up to the dagger and sighs, "Before Aegon's death, the last of the Valyrian pyromancers hid his song in the steel."

He gestures for her to see and she lifts the dagger. She hovers it over the flames and watches as words began to appear on the blade.

Rhaenyra reads it, "From my blood... come the Prince That Was Promised... and his will be the Song of Ice and Fire."

"The responsibility I have handed to you, the burden of this knowledge... it is larger than the throne, the king. It is larger than you and your desires." He enunciates and Rhaenyra's brows fall flat.

He went straight to the point.

"Jaehaerys would've disinherited you," He says.

"For a lie? You've yet to ask me for the truth of what happened," Rhaenyra mentions.

"The truth does not matter, Rhaenyra," Viserys shouts, "Only perception. You have exposed yourself. Now we must both suffer the consequences." He smiles sarcastically.

"Were I born a man, I could bed whomever I wanted. I could father a dozen bastards, and no one in your court would blink an eye," Rhaenyra mutters and Viserys nods.

"You are right... but you were born a woman," Viserys reminds her.

"So you'll strip me of my titles and name Aegon in my stead," Rhaenyra replies.

"I would!" He circles her.

"But it is mine to hold the realm together, not sow it with further division. Your courtship is at an end. You will wed Ser Laenor Velaryon, and you will do so without protest," Viserys tells her.