Chapter 2

This is Izukus POV unless said otherwise, and right now he is in the orphanage after being submitted 2 days ago.

I've been here for 2 days now, after my mother had committed. I couldn't help but remember the day I came, and how horrible the caretakers are here.

Flash back — 2 days before

I was driven to an orphanage by detective Tsukauchi, my favourite!! I made sure to use my manners, and make sure not to be rude or else he might slap me like mum..

"Here you go, kid."

"Thank you, mister!" I replied, walking to the orphanage doors.

He trailed in-front of me, opening the doors and getting the attention of two adult ladies. "Hello, Tsukauchi!"

"Hello sue, I've got a kid I want to place in the program. Izuku Midoriya."

I was hiding behind the detective, a bit scared of the other two. I felt a pain from my head, and I knew it was from hiding my form.

I let it out, sighing silently. "Come on kid, come out."

I stepped out with my hands together, looking down. I could hear both of them gasp, and Sue saying, "A.. Neko?"

I could hear the disgust in her voice, no matter how hard she tried to hide it. Tsukauchi couldn't hear it, as I could hear him tell me to go play with the other kids, and the other lady interrupted.

"Sorry, but I must show him to his room! Come with me!"

I followed her to an empty room, and put my back next to the bed. I turned to see her sat on her knees.

"I'm Natalie, not a Japanese name because I'm from England! Please don't make Sue mad, and listen to what she says.."

She looks at my ears, and I nod, "please! If it makes you happy miss Natalie, pet my ears."

She smiles and does so, giggling, "so soft! Your so cute."

Natalie: "it's a shame she hates Nekos.." I could hear her mutter under her breath, so as soon as I heard footsteps I hid my form.

Sue: "Oh good! You've hid that hideous fit! I have a feeling you'll be good."

Natalie frowns before getting up and standing beside Sue.

Sue: "You'll be cleaning everybody's rooms and the dishes. You won't be speaking, or make a sound. Or.. I could get a muzzle! Yes! I'll do that!"

She was talking to herself before shaking her head.

Sue: "Anyway. You'll stay in your room, and you won't eat! Waste of space, we need the food for the others. I'm sure you can manage. I'll give you a bottle of water every Wednesday and Sunday. Understood, brat?"

Me: "Ye-yes ma'am."

She smiled before looking at Natalie, "get me a muzzle."

"Yes miss." She replied, walking out the room. A few minutes later after Sue had scolded me and told me about how useless I am, she placed the muzzle on me. I could feel the right straps on my cheeks, jaw and behind my ears. "Good boy. Right, chop chop! Let's go to the other kids."

End of flash back

Natalie was my favourite, sometimes while everybody was asleep, she would take my muzzle off and let me have some food, but feed me sometimes as my mouth would be too sore after being forced shut.

I was sat on my bed, reading an advanced chemistry book. I had grown used to not speaking, and making no sounds due to sneaking around, walking around trying to make no sound for Sue, and the muzzle.

The muzzle didn't hurt much anymore, as now ever since I did something wrong, Sue would scold me and hurt me, just like Inko.

Though I've gotten quite used to it, and now it was easy to make my presence unknown due to Inko and Sue.

I could hear faint footsteps, that stopped right at my door. I closed my book and looked at the door, watching Natalie come in.

I could always tell who would be coming due to sounds. Like footsteps, breathing.  I waved.

Natalie: "Sue is coming, get up!" I did what she asked, "Okay uhm.. YES SUE HES AWAKEE!"

I was stood beside my bed, back straight. Sue walked into the room and grunted, "A couple is coming in today."

She walked over, taking off the muzzle. I felt so empty without it, as I wore it in an everyday life. I felt so empty I almost whimpered!

Though, I didn't. I stayed silent and she brought some foundation out of her pocket. "I'm covering these. Don't talk, try not to bring to much attention to you."

I nodded, before walking out following her and Natalie. All the kids where in the play room, and they let me go.

Natalie came over and gave me AirPods, "Sue said to give you these as to not disturb anybody."

I bowed as a thank you and took them, before going to a corner and sitting. I had my legs crossed as I had my back against the wall.

I put one AirPod in my ear as Sue came over with a phone, "Here brat, anything."

I nodded, and realised this was a spare phone to the less amount of apps. I downloaded Spotify before making a playlist and listening to it. It was a few hours long but, meh!

While listening to the music in one ear, I listened to everybody else playing with the other as I drew in my sketchbook. It was so calming.

I could hear the door open.

Sue: "Welcome! Welcome, are you the couple that is going to adopt a child today."

???: "yes."

???: "You see, our son really wants a younger sibling! We heard of this place, with the good review so we decided to check it out."

Sue: "Ah yes, yes, please this way."

I could hear footsteps. I assumed that they walked in more, and that all the children surrounded them as I could hear multiple shouts.

1: "papa! Papa!"

2: "eh!! Chose me! I'm so good!"

3: "dada! I'm better!"

4: "adopt me! Please!"

5: "dad.. dad!"

I could hear them trying to encourage them, trying to make them see they belong in their family, and it made me roll my eyes.

I kept focused on my drawing. "What are you drawing?"

End of chapter.