1. 𝓪𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

|1|
         "nothing i do is ever good enough."
      ||I CANT HANDLE CHANGE; ROAR||
                       ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
we flood into the curtis' house and everyone went off to their own activities. soda and steve play cards at the dining table, darry sits in his recliner and reads the paper, pony and johnny read the book they started in windrixville called "gone with the wind," and two-bit sits in the middle of the floor watching mickey mouse, but there's someone missing...

i decide to head back out onto the porch, thinking dally'd be there. i then find him leaned up against the porch railing smoking a cigarette.

man i wish i had one of those right about now.

he takes a long drag before turning his attention to me.

"bet you wish you had one of these right now." he says, waving the cigarette in my face.

damn you.

"zip it winston," i say, "the only thing i wish i'd do right about now is burn you with that shit."

he throws his hands up and puffs out his bottom lip. he then begins to chuckle at his own actions. i roll my eyes in response.

"you're so funny." i say, as i feel my blood begin to broil. i'm a very short-tempered person when it comes to most things and people, but truly i just wished people cared. or at least showed they cared.

i obviously know the rest of the gang cares about me, but for some reason i crave dally's affirmation.

"why ya always hang around the curtis' house anyway? how 'bout you head on home? you're outta the hospital now, so why ya still here?"dally asked, not making eye contact with me.

i held a straight face, but truly that destroyed me. he didn't know about my home situation. no one but johnny knew about that, and it would stay that way.

both my parents are alcoholics and my dad is abusive. i only go home late at night when they're asleep, and then leave in the morning before they wake up to avoid his potential beating. most of the time i end up sleeping here though. johnny and i have a room that we sleep in whenever stuff at home gets bad.

"y'know, i could ask you the same thing." i say trying to my shaky voice, steady.

he shrugs and stomps out his cigarette.

"why're you such a dick all the time?" i finally burst out at him. he seems taken aback by my tone at first before he replies.

"i ain't a dick, you're just always actin' like a bitch. i was in the hospital too y'know, and i didn't need a crowd cheerin' for me."

i clenched my fists which i fought to keep at my sides. i can feel my face grow hot as dally still seems unbothered by what has been said.

"cut the cool guy shit for once dallas! god, i can't fuckin' stand you!" i force out, holding in my tears.

"then go away! why ya still here? ain't nobody want you here!"

i immediately freeze and feel my body tense up. i stare up into dally's cold eyes, mine filled with deep hatred, yet great sorrow. we stared at each other in silence.