5. 𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂

|5|
  "i dont want it, and i dont want to want you."
       |HALLEY'S COMET; BILLIE EILISH|
                        ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
"what the hell happened?!?" johnny questioned, rushing to my side.

i didn't necessarily ignore his question, but i didn't answer because i was crying so hard.

johnny then got a full glance of my blood flooding nose.

"oh my god!" he exclaimed before running out of the room. moments later, he returned with a wad of tissues in his hand. he then gently lifted my head up and placed them on my nose.

"so are you gonna answer my question? what the hell happened?"

"it was foolish," i choked out, "to think i could help..."

"what do you mean?"

the pain from my nose was really starting to kick in now. i was also so worked up that i was feeling that familiar sharp pain in my chest.

i was hyperventilating and struggling the breathe. my vision was blurred and it felt as if the walls were closing in.

"i-i..." is all i could manage out. johnny then helped me up onto the bed. he started rubbing my back and massaging my shoulders to calm me down.

"it's okay bella, it'll be alright."

at first, it did not help whatsoever, but overtime my breathing regulated and the tears slowed down.

johnny always knew how to calm me down. man, what would i do without johnny?

as soon as i was fully calmed down, i turned to face johnny.

"so," he started, "explain?"

"i tried to tell dallas that sylvia is bad news and to let her go, but he's so fuckin' stubborn that he wouldn't listen to me! he then proceeded to tell me that it would've been better if he let me die in the fire. what kind of a monster of a human would say that?!" i exclaimed.

johnny let out a heavy sigh before speaking again.

"you told me you hated dally, so why are you worried about the girl he's with?"

i paused for a moment.

"to...because-"

"because you're jealous." he interrupted.

my eyes opened at what johnny said.

"hell no! what...!" i lied. i truly was jealous. i wished that i was sylvia, that dally cared about me like that. wished, past tense. or is it past tense...?

"it's pretty obvious bella."

i sighed heavily. it was time to come clean.

"is it really?" i asked and finally admitted. he nodded in response.

"shit. do you think he noticed?"

"that doesn't matter right now. what matters is why didn't you tell me you had a thing for dallas? it doesn't make any sense!"

"i know it doesn't make any sense," i explained, "but i don't really understand it either. i just...ugh i don't know!"