14. 𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽

|14|
  the vibe is self explanatory.
  ||SKYFALL; ADELE||
                       ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
i continued to sprint down the street with a destination in mind. my dress and jet black hair flowed behind me in the wind as i ran. my skin felt sticky and i could faintly smell the coke on my body. i hated it.

once i reached the front of my home i finally stopped to catch my breath.

that old feeling i got in my chest came back and it was worse than ever. i was struggling to breathe, my face was turning red, and it felt like my lungs were gonna burst. it even affected my walking as i made my way toward the concrete porch.

with each step it felt like my body could collapse at any moment. i picked up my heavy feet and went up the steps, slowly getting closer to the front door.

once i arrived at it, i peeked through the window to see if my dad was inside. i hadn't paid attention to see if his car was in the driveway, but it was night time so why wouldn't he be home?

as i looked between the cracks between blinds, i could see his unconscious figure, passed out on the couch, surrounded by empty beer cans and bottles.

perfect.

i carefully opened the creaky screen door and turned the knob of the front door that was never locked. i took my first step in and a wave of alcohol scent filled my nose, paining my lungs that much more. i caught the screen door when walking in to prevent from possibly waking him up.

the house was pitch black except for a lamp on the side table by the couch. i groped around the house careful not to be loud or fall.

i tiptoed over the maze of empty alcohol containers and down the cluttered hallway, being sure not to wake him up. i then gingerly turned the knob of my bedroom door and entered the room.

my room is horrendous. shit's all over the floor, my "bed," or my few blankets on the floor, are all messed up, and for some reason there's broken glass on the floor.

i stepped over the clutter and opened the top drawer to my dresser and pulled out a couple pairs of jeans and laid them on the floor next to me. i then grabbed a few shirts, pairs of socks, panties, bras, and a bag to put it all in.

i thought about changing out of the dress, but then i remembered that my skin is still sticky.

i made my way to the shitty bathroom with clothes i'd change into and soaked a wash cloth with water. the water pressure was oddly strong and i jumped at first when the water first turned on. i was praying it wouldn't wake up my dad.

i took off the dress and used the wash cloth to wipe down my body, cleaning away all the stickiness before putting on the new clothes.

i grabbed a dry towel and dried off my moist skin. i then put on some old baggy jeans, a stained wife beater, and relaced my converse.

i turned off the water and walked out of the bathroom ever so carefully to my room.

when i opened the door, i let out an exaggerated gasp to what i saw.

my dad.

standing in the middle of the room.

holding an empty beer bottle.