6. 𝓳𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂?

|6|
     "you're just a man, it's just what you do."
||NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL; LANA||                ||DEL REY||
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
i stayed in mine and johnny's room for a good three days after the incident with dally. i was starting to get sick of the scenery of the room and wanted to leave, but i didn't want to at the fact dally was here with sylvia all. the. fucking. time.

johnny spent a lot of the time with me, but i'd try to convince him to go out with the crowd and that he shouldn't worry about me. he was still real pissed at dally and i had actually seen a side of johnny i had never seen before.

he was calling dal and sylvia every name in the book.

"that shitty, no good, dickwad, son of a prick!" he'd yell after telling me things that were going on in the living room.

i love johnny.

at first, i tried to defend dally.

why? maybe because i'm still so fucking obsessed with him. his cheap cologne and bad attitude was just so...attractive to me.

too bad he's a "shitty, no good, dickwad, son of a prick."

the rest of the gang were also wondering what was going on, but i made johnny swear he wouldn't tell anyone. there's no way in hell they'd let me live it down.

johnny has been in the living room for about thirty minutes now, after i practically begged him to go.

all of a sudden, the door slightly widened and sodas movie star face appeared.

"heya princess!" he greeted.

"well hello pepsi-cola." i responded. soda and i weren't super close, but i was still closer with him than darry, steve, and two-bit. those were our nicknames for each other. mostly everyone called me princess, but soda came up with it.

"how 'bout you come outta your room and come get some fresh air with me."

"what'ya mean?"

"i mean, get prettied up 'cause we're going to the dingo for lunch." he responded, leaving the room.

"i dont feel like walkin-"

"darry's dropping us off!" he cut me off as he made his way down the stairs.

i paused for a minute before shrugging to myself. i checked the alarm clock that read 11:27 am before sliding off the bed and heading to my dresser.

i opened the dresser drawer to find no clean clothes.

shit.

i decided to head to my erupting laundry basket and picked out a detailed forest green dress i had. it stopped just above my knees and i loved it dearly. it was my favorite dress that my old ex boyfriend bought for me.

i remember when that douche cheated on me. let's just say the gang got involved, and that kid sure did regret it.

whatever, he's a bitch but the stuff he bought me isn't.

i slid off the clothes i had on before and put on the dress. i then sat down at my somewhat vanity, put on some mascara, a bit of silver eyeshadow, and grabbed my beat up black converse from underneath my bed.

i struggled to put them on before tying them and making my way down to the living room. about halfway down the stairs, i could hear the brooklyn accent of the coldest man in tulsa.

i took a deep breath before stepping foot into the living room, and spotting dally and sylvia on the couch. dally had his arm rested on her shoulders.

i bit down on my lip to cool my nerve as i made my way over to soda, who was wearing his infamous red, green, and brownish flannel, worn out jeans, and his hair was greased back. he was looking real sharp, but i don't see soda like that.

i walked through the walkway between the couch and the coffee table in which dally and slyvia were right there on the couch.

"she looks like a slut." i heard sylvia whisper to dally said i walked by. i felt the little confidence i had in me crush to the ground.

i then saw dally lean over to whisper something in her ear and i was dreading what it was.

"shut the fuck up. no she don't." he whispered to her.

i felt myself beginning to slow down in shock, but i kept my pace walking to soda.

did dallas winston just defend me...?

soon i finally made it to the front door which soda was standing in front of.

"golly princess you look gorgeous!" he said, swooping me off my feet into bridal style carry.

"soda! let me down!" i yelled playfully, slapping his shoulder.

for some reason, i felt as if there were another set of eyes on me. i had that weird feeling, but didn't bother to look.

he spun me around a few more times before gently setting me back down.

"alrighty! say, you ready to go? darry's already got the truck started and he's waitin' on us."

i nodded in response. soda proceeded to open the door for me and i walked out to darry's truck.

soda made sure he was able to run ahead of me and open the door of the truck.

"after you." he said, bowing.

i giggled as i stepped up into the truck, sliding next to darry.

darry turned to look at me and wolf whistled. "wow, you look stunnin'. i'm glad you managed to come outta your room."

"thanks dare, and yea, this'll be good for me. i'm excited!" i said as soda slid in next to me and shut the door.

darry nodded and we all put on our seatbelts and darry inched his foot to the gas pedal.

as soon as i was latched in, i turned to look at soda.

"well, you look mighty sharp too, and thanks for doing this for me. it really means a lot."

"thank ya, and of course. i hate seeing my unbiological twin sister so distraught, even though i don't gotta clue what's goin' on."

"i'll tell you later." i said as we were almost fully out of the driveway. soda and i were just about the same age. he was just about a month and a half older than me. we're both 16 going on 17 which is just crazy to think about.

before the curtis' house was fully out of sight, i turned to look at it. i then saw someone run out of the house, and stare from the front porch.

that person was dallas winston.

my eyes widened before i turned away from him and faces the windshield.

darry turned on the radio and we rode in silence as i tried to comprehend why dally wouldn't run out like that, and leave sylvia.

though, however, i need to forget about it. there's no way in hell i'll let him ruin my day.