17. 𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾

|17|
"you promised me everything's gonna be                              alright"
||PONYBOY; SURF CURSE||
                        ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
all worry about me subsided to dallas. it was getting dark out now and there had been no sighting of him.

johnny and pony searched around the lot, two-bit checked buck's, and steve tried the stores around town. i'm sure steve just volunteered for the stores to get some more beer or something.

i stayed at the house with soda and darry. soda stayed in my room with me while darry fixed up some dinner. soda and i had been talking for quite a while now.

"i'm worried...about dal." i said. my injuries were feeling a lot better due to the aspirins i took a bit ago, but i still felt sick to my stomach.

"i am too."

"where do you think he could be?" i asked, setting up a pillow to lean against the bed frame.

"i'm not sure princess, i really don't know."

"god, i wish he would tell us." i replied, rubbing my face with my hands.

"not to be rude," soda started, "but why all of a sudden do ya care so much for dal? i thought you two hated each other."

"well," i began to say. i was going to make up a lie about us, but i remembered about how he told johnny everything, so there's no point in keeping it a secret anymore. "dally and i have a...thing."

his eyes widened in shock before fading into a chuckle.

"that's real funny. nice joke bella."

"i'm serious." i said back. he had a right not to believe me, so i couldn't be upset.

"i still don't believe ya."

"oh yea?" i started without thinking, "well i'll have you know we fucked right here on this bed."

he leaned in slightly and his eyes seemed they were going to pop out of his head.

"you what?!?"

i now realized what exactly i had said.

i just flat out said dally fucked me on this bed.

the one we're on right now...

i slowly looked down onto the bed and in which soda realized as well. he immediately hopped off.

"ew! ew! ew! ew! ew!" he repeatedly said as he left the room to wash his hands. i bursted out into laughter as he left the room.

i could hear the water run for a moment before he reentered the room and stood above the bed.

"you could've told me that sooner?"

"calm down pepsi-cola, we changed the sheets."

he sighed in relief. "thank god!"

i rolled my eyes as he sat back down on the bed next to me.

people were starting to arrive back at the house because of how late it was. i listened in to the plethora of voices, praying i'd hear a certain one.

but i didn't.

i let out a heavy sigh and soda understood why. maybe because he was listening for dallas too.

"wanna head on in there?" he asked, patting my shoulder gently. i nodded slightly and he nodded back as well. he then scooped his arms up and underneath me gingerly, before lifting me up bridal style.