12. 𝓱𝔂𝓹𝓸𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮

|12|
"i know about what you did and i wanna                      scream the truth."
||GREEN LIGHT; LORDE||
                        ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
i was now in mine and johnny's room, putting on that dress. dally said he really liked me in it, and asked me to wear it to the movies tonight. it's not clean, it hasn't been washed in a while, but i don't have time. i know i keep putting it off, but i'll definitely go and get fresh clothes from my house soon.

i slid the straps over my shoulders and checked myself out in the mirror. i adored the dress, i really did. it fit my body perfectly and took the shape of me better than i could ever imagine. maybe that's why dally likes it so much.

i tied up my old beat converse on my feet and walked out of the bedroom. i immediately saw johnny on the couch and walked over to him.

"hey johnnycakes." i greeted him. he then turned around and widened his eyes.

"w-wow! you look beautiful!" he exclaimed and gave me a hug.

"y'think?"

"do i think? i know! you really look great in that dress!"

"thanks johnny," i said, breaking off the hug, "say, do you got a cigarette?"

he reached into his denim jacket pocket and pulled out two, plus a lighter. he lit mine for my before handing it to me.

"let's head out to the porch before darry reprimands us." i said, walking toward the front door as johnny followed close behind.

after exiting the house, the two of us leaned against the railing and smoked.

"so, where's pony at?" i asked, releasing a cloud of smoke from between my lips.

"he told me he was gonna paint in the back yard, but i have a question for you."

"what's up?"

"well, what's up with you and dal?" he asked, now facing directly at me.

what.

"what do you mean?" i asked, trying to be nonchalant.

"well," he started, "last night y'all had that big blowout argument, and then directly after he was sittin' next to you. what gives?"

i then came to the realization that it was really weird of dally to come sit next to me after that. it was even weirder that i didn't bother to think johnny may question it.

"h-he was just tryin' to apologize." i lied.

"dallas winston apologizin'? bullshit." johnny replied.

i knew johnny was somewhat on to us, but i still wouldn't tell him if he guessed right.

"so, tell me, what've you and dal been doin'?"

"i don't know what you're talkin' about."

"bella, i tell you everythin', so why can't you tell me everythin'?"

the guilt i had for not telling him was overbearing. he had a point. before this, i've told him everything. he's ought to be concerned why i'm being like this now.

"i-it's complicated johnny." i said in a low voice, practically a whisper.

"oh, so it's complicated how dally fucked you in our room and y'all have a secret thing?"

what.

the.

fuck.

"i-i...johnny...w-"

"don't worry. it was just a test to see if you'd tell me the truth. dally already told me everythin'. you know, because he tells me everythin'." johnny cut me off. he was obviously holding a grudge.

but wait.

dally's the one who wanted to keep it a secret.

but he told johnny?

that fucking hypocrite.

"johnny, i'm sorry i didn't tell you. i really am, but i didn't know how you'd react. i'm honestly still confused."

"why are you two at each others' throats all the time, but in private you do shit like that?" he questioned.

"i really don't know. he just...god i really don't understand. he'll be so sweet and so lovin' when we're alone, but as soon as there's someone else in the room, he'll act like a dick."

johnny nodded, taking in all this information. i was just worried i'd lose my best friend to something stupid like this.

"okay, i understand. i just wish you would've felt more comfortable tellin' me." johnny said with a more of a sympathetic look now.

"i know, and i'm sorry. i was plannin' on telling you. really, i just wanted to figure out everything on my own first."

he nodded again before pulling me into a hug. we embraced each other for a few moments before i remembered what johnny told me and broke it off.

dallas told him.

that little...

all of a sudden, an old, run down red pickup pulls up in front of the house. johnny and i both put out the remainder of our cigarettes as dally walked up to the porch.

johnny and i watched as he walked up the concrete steps and leaned against the railing directly next to me. he placed his arm around my shoulders and slightly pulled me closer. i stood like a boulder, stubborn as shit, refusing to move but only a little.

i could tell what he was doing. he didn't know that johnny told me, so he was trying to hint at the fact johnny knew. i paid no attention to it though. i was gonna let his ass know soon, maybe.

"well...hello?" dally said, breaking the silence.

i side-eyed him before rolling my eyes and looking back to johnny. i could see in my peripheral that dally formed a shocked yet confused look.

"so," i said to johnny, completely ignoring dally, "are we ready to go?"

"just one second, i gotta get pony. i'll be right back." johnny said while walking back into the house, headed for the back door.

i slightly looked up at dally who still looked confused, before leaving his grasp and following after johnny.

"here, i'll come!"

i caught up to him and followed him to the backyard, not even bothering to turn back. i knew dally was confused on why i was being like this, but he'd figure it out sooner or later.