7. 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓸

|7|
                    "can't call out for help."
               HOLLOW PRAYERS; D4VD
                        ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
after a bit of driving, darry finally pulled in to the dingo parking lot and drove up to the front.

i exited the truck directly after soda. he shut the door after we said our goodbyes to darry and then we started heading inside.

we seated ourselves in a booth in the corner, away from everyone else. a waitress then came by and started to take our drinks orders.

"what for you, honey?" she asked me, pulling out a little notepad.

"i'll have a water." i replied.

"alrighty, and what for you handsome?" she asked, flirtatiously. i side-eyed her with an unpleasant expression on my face. soda saw this and laughed.

"might i suggest, my number?" she said, inching closer to soda.

"no thanks sweet heart, just get me a coffee, extra creamers." he replied, scooting away from her uncomfortably.

she scoffed before walking back to the kitchen.

"wow," i started, "must be nice being such a woman magnet." i joked.

"it's a blessing and a curse." he said, rubbing his forehead. i then remembered his girlfriend, sandy.

"oh, well, how're you and sandy doing?" i asked as the waitress set my water down in front of me.

"it's uh...complicated." he said, opening the mini creamer cups and pouring them into his coffee to distract himself.

i formed a confused look on my face. "complicated how?"

"well...she's pregnant." he exclaimed anxiously.

my look of confusion soon transformed to pure happiness and joy. "oh my god soda! congratulations! how far in is she?"

"i-i don't know."

"how do you not know?! soda, these are things you need to keep up with. you're gonna be a dad soon and-"

"it's not my baby." he admitted, burying his face in his hands.

sandy cheated on soda?!?

how could she?!?

that little bitch.

"who's is it?" i questioned. the smile on my face was short-lived and now was a sympathetic look.

"i don't know."

"well, when'd you find out?"

"while you were in the hospital."

goddamn it. that stupid hospital.

"where is she now?" i asked.

"she moved to florida. i'm never gonna see her again." he said, looking as if he was on the brim of breaking down.

"she's lucky." i thought to myself, "got away before i could beat her ass"

anytime one of the gang's girls did something to hurt them, i was the one that always put up with them.

the guys might be "no-good greasers" but they're still gentlemen and swore never to hit a woman.

me on the other hand, i'll whip any bitch's ass, no matter the reason, no matter the size.

i then snapped back to soda.

"im so sorry soda. i wish i would've known sooner."

there was a moment of pause.

"i wish i never knew." he whispered under his breath.

i felt my heart shatter right then and there for soda. he's such a sweet guy and has never done anything to deserve what sandy did to him.

i instinctively got out of my seat, went over to him, and embraced him. i then felt his arms wrap around me.

we sat there, silently, hugging each other for quite a while. he rested his chin on the top of my head. soon, i felt drops of tears land in the top of my head.

"y'know," soda started to say through tears, "we guys got feelings too."

i was still in shock from what soda revealed about sandy, so i stayed silent for a moment longer. a few moments later, i spoke up.

"soda, if you ever need someone to lean on, i'm here. no matter the occasion, no matter my mood, i'll always be open even if you just wanna talk."

he then removed his chin from the top of my head and looked down at me.

"thank you bella. you seriously have no idea what that means to me."

"of course pepsi-cola." i replied, smiling.

he used the collar of his white shirt to wipe his eyes before speaking again.

"how're you and dal doin'? i heard things got pretty heated between y'all, yea?"

i let out a heavy sigh, remembering mine and dallas' argument, ending with him telling me he should've "left your ass in that fire."

"y'know dally. he won't apologize for nothin'. words do hurt though, and he took it way too far."

"what'd he say? if you wanna talk about it."

i felt bad, because soda was there to comfort me, but i couldn't bring myself to repeat what dally said to me.

"i-i really don't wanna talk about it, but hey, that's what i get for trying to help dallas winston." i said, shrugging.

"no, bella, that's a great feature you have. you'll help anyone, even if they aren't the most approachable people to help. not sure what you were helping with, but i'm sure you were in the right."

i nodded in response. "thanks soda."

"anytime princess, now where's that waitress at? i'm starving!"