Chapter 5 - Radio?

Sometimes, it takes only one to make a difference.

Not wanting to run into him again, Khushi volunteered to go with La at her usual time. As soon as they entered their floor at IBM, the atmosphere was enough to tell them that something was surely amiss today. Khushi looked around to find a fidgety Aman running from one place to another with a bunch of files in his hands.

Khushi look at her watch that it was only 8:55 am yet, then why was Aman in such a terrible state? As Aman was about to head towards the receptionist, Khushi stood in his way, directly in front of him.

"Mr. Stephens, what happened? Why are you so worked up so early? It's not even 9 yet," Khushi said with a worried expression.

"Ms. Gupta, actually..."

"Khushi! I told you yesterday as well. Please call me Khushi, not Ms. Gupta."

"Yes, Khushi! Call me Aman then, please. And it's Mr. Raizada! He has been in a very bad mood. He called me at 7 am to be here by 7:30! Does that even make sense? Apparently, it's for the new project that he's starting. Many other staff members were also called in early. Now if you would excuse me, I have to run around 50 more errands before he calls me for more work." Aman rushed out the words in a few seconds, as a terrifying look clouded his usual morning grin.

Before Khushi could reply back, Aman had already moved away. Khushi looked at Aman's retreating back, and she genuinely felt bad for the position he was in. Khushi turned to La, who had a terrifying look similar to Aman, no wonder from listening to the poor guy's monologue.

"Khushi, I am heading to my cubicle. I certainly don't want to get into any trouble with ASR."

ASR? Oh right! La did tell her in their ride over that the interns had taken to calling him ASR.

Khushi stood in the same place, observing everything, as La made her escape.

Till yesterday, everything was fine. What new project came up suddenly? It can't just be because of a new project. And why is Aman like this? I hope he didn't get yelled at. Well, my dear God, please just stay with me today and keep me away from HIM!

Khushi went over to her cubicle, only to find a list of assignments stacked on top of a bundle of files on her desk. She looked at the glass wall to ASR's cabin, who was pacing his cabin and speaking on his bluetooth. Khushi angrily glared at him, as he was too busy to notice anything.

Devil!

Arnav felt as if someone had called him and he looked toward the glass wall and found Khushi glaring at him, again, angrily. But then, she suddenly looked away and sat on her chair to fiddle with the files on her desk. Arnav looked away and returned to his call.

"Yes, Mr. Reynolds. I would prefer having a conference with all the directors tomorrow to confirm the changes. It would be that easier to set the changes in place, without anyone's objection."

The day continued on in this flow. While Arnav had been bent on making everyone work harder, Aman continued to be the scapegoat for ASR's anger. Khushi determinedly kept working to finish all the assignments as soon as possible. Sure enough, Khushi finished the entire stack just few minutes before lunch. She looked around to find everyone immersed in work, while Aman was nowhere in sight. Even though she was a little unsure, she adorned her face with a bright smile and walked up to the lion's den herself.

Hearing a slight knock on the door, Arnav spoke, "Come in."

He continued studying the file in his hand, standing near the windows and with his back towards the door. Khushi stood inside his cabin, waiting for him to turn around and acknowledge her. Few seconds passed by, but no sound came from Arnav and the one who entered his cabin. Khushi was beginning to get a bit impatient.