VI

after their fun and marvelous time at monty's, grace drove the girls back to the walter residence. "don't forget the icce cream," skylar reminded his new now friends jackie as she grabbed the back of ice cream. "thanks for the ride grace," MJ thanked her as she and jackie walked towards the front door, but came to a stop when they heard grace's question. "which room is cole's?" skylar not believing his best friend and her complete obession and nonsense, warned her to stop. "grace, cut it out," 

"bye girls," with skylar saying his goodbyes, the girls opened the front door and entered the house. closing the door behind her, the first thing MJ and jackie heard were the voiced of the walter boys shouting and yelling at their tv. "football," MJ rolled her eyes and her and jackie entered the kitchen where kathrine was. "ah there you guys are," she greeted them, "how was your day?" she asked out of curiosity and wanting to know how her girls' first day went. "it was okay," both girls replied at the same time. "we met some nice people," jackie informed too and MJ nodded in agreement. "we brought this," jackie said and showed the bag of ice cream to kathrine. "oh thank you. i'm gonna hide that in the freezer. don't tell anyone it's there. it's just for us," kathrine chuckled and placed the ice cream in the freezer. 

"how's Bo?" MJ asked, referring to the dog, kathrine metioned before. "oh, he's doing well actually. i think, he's gonna be up and about it in no time," kathrine replied to the girl's question. "we'll be right down," jackie said and dragged MJ by her hand up the stairs to their room. when the door was finally closed, jackie turned her whole attention to her little sister, who MJ was looking at her weirdly, wondering what caused jackie to be in a hurry. "what's up," MJ asked wanting to know what was in jackie's mind this  time.

"you didn't mentioned your little crush sister," hearing that once again, MJ let out a scoff, already tired of this topic being brought up all the time. "i didn't mentioned anything because there is no crush," she confirmed and took a seat at their bed, tired already  of the conversation they were having. "oh come one MJ, it's clear that you have a thing for Isaac. it's not a crime to have feelings for someone," jackie said as she took a seat as well.

"jacks, you can't gain or have feelings for someone in just two days. i just met this guy and his first impression, let me tell you it's not good. dude when he walked me to class, he looked like he was embarrassed or something, and he did bailed the second he saw his friends. i was like dude come on, don't be an ass." MJ explained, scoffing when she remembered what happened today. "and can we please drop this isaac thing please," MJ pleaded exhausted from hearing all day about isaac. "come on let's go down for dinner," jackie said and her and MJ headed downstairs.

when they came to the kitchen, they saw the parents trying to get the food ready, as all the kids took their usual seats, waiting for the food to be finally served. "can we help?" jackie asked as she neared kathrine. "oh no thanks, just have a seat," kathrine declined and the girls were quick on their steps to follow kathrine's instructions. when they took a seat, Parker and Benny were quick to say that those were their seats. apologizing, they stood up, looking around for a seat, but it seemed that there were no empty ones. kathrine noticed that and instructed her son jordan to grab two extra chairs for the girls to seat. when the chairs were placed and the girls took a seat, the food was served and everyone digged in.

before the girls could ever touch their food, their screams of terror were heard. both stood up in shock when a snake appeared in front of them. getting up from their seats, their plates were knocked over, making a mess on both girl's clothes. danny was quick to stand up and tried to help the girls while jordan was trying to keep a hold of his pet. "oh my god, can i help you-" kathrine's question was quick declined by jackie and she went upstairs to change. MJ started to also make her way upstairs but stopped when she heard the laughs of isaac and lee. turning around, fuming at the fact they both found it funny, she exploded. "what's so funny huh? care to share? or are you too cool for that too,"

silencing him, MJ went upstairs to change as well. entering their room, she saw jackie sitting on their bed, a sad expression on her face. closing the door, was what caught jackie's attention, and she turned to look at her sister. "lucy's shirt-"

"yeah i know it's messed up," MJ said and looked at her ruined tee. she went by her drawer and took an oversized gray t-shirt out of it and changed quickly. "are you okay?" she asked 

as she saw the expression on jackie's face. "why do they hate us so much? we just got here. it's our first day. imagine the rest of them," she sighed already wanting to leave. "it's not like we wanted to come here," hearing her sister's thoughts MJ didn't know what to say. she didn't know how she felt at this very moment. she was confused. yes kathrine and george were welcoming to both of them from the very beggining and it was clear that they were trying their hardest to make the girls feel welcomed, but their kids' behavior weren't so welcomed. 

MJ was in a loss of words so she just brought her sister into a long and caring hug. words weren't shared. they just sat there and hugged each others. no words were needed to be exchanged when they had each other.

back downstairs, kathrine walter was in complete shock of how her kids were behaving towards the girls. "what is wrong with you? i know it's a bit of an adjustment to have two new people in the house, but those girls have been through more than any of us can imagine," she said, trying to kick some sense into her kids. "so i just need you to understand that,"

"and we're gonna treat them with  kindness and respect just like you do to everyone else in the world understood?" george now took the lead and instructed strictly his children. 

"let's eat,"