IX

After her nap, MJ was a little be better. The only thing she needed right now was the comfort of her sister. MJ tried calling Jackie but she didn't pick up. She then send her a dozen of messages which she did not reply to them at all.

Jacks
Helloooooo???
Where the hell are you?
Jackiieee
I need u right now
Where are you damn it
Jackie please
Delivered

Dropping her phone on the bed, she just wished her sistee would answer the damn phone. She really needed her right now. And she isn't here.

Downstairs the walter family was waiting for MJ and Jackie but neither of them have made an appearance. Kathrine noticed that neither Cole was here and she assumed that he was with Jackie. Making the decision, she excused herself and went upstairs to see how the girl was doing.

Knocking on her door, MJ let out a small come in, and kathrine made her way in. She slowly approached her and took a seat on the girl's bed.
"How are you doing honey? You need anything?" MJ nodded her head, declining the kind offer from kathrine.

"Do you know where jackie is? I really want to talk to her," MJ informed the woman in front of her. "I don't know honey. She's with Cole," at hearing that MJ shook her head in disbelief. Jackie was ignoring her texts because she was with cole. The need for her sister to be here was big and jackie was ignoring it.

"What happened MJ. You can talk to me honey. I want to be here for you. I don't want you to suffer alone, please talk to me?" Kathrine's pleadings got into MJ some way. She really wanted to talk to someone and with Jackie not being here, kathrine was the best choice she had. She indeed treated her like one of her own since day one.

MJ took a huge breath and started explaining what happened earlier today which caused all this sadness and depression of hers. Kathrine couldn't believe what she was hearing. The girl in front of her was totally throwing the blame of the accident on herself.

"Hey listen to me," she said to the crying girl in front of her and grabbed her hands in hers. "You're not the cause of the accident you hear me. You never were and you never will be. Listen to me MJ. You don't get to blame yourself for someone else's fault. You didn't cause anything. Everything happens for a reason. And you're not the one that caused the accident," kathrine's world healed a small part of MJ's heart at the moment.

Hearing the comfort words she wished came from her sister, made her feel better about the situation and herself. "Dinner is ready if you're hungry. Whenever you feel ready come down okay?" Giving her a slight nod, kathrine leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her forehead trying to calm her down and show her that she was by her side all the time now and tomorrow and every day.

Their little was interrupted when Jackie bursted into the room. "I will leave you two be," with kathrine closing the door, MJ gave a disappointed look to her sister, which was not missed by jackie. She then looked at her phone and the messages she missed from her sister.

"Had fun with cole?" MJ coldly said. "MJ-" jackie tried to explain herself but she wasn't quick enough. "I really needed you Jackie," she said and the tears started falling once again. "And you weren't there."

"I'm sorry-

"No! You don't get to apologise and everything would be fine later!" She said in a rather high tone and stood up from the bed. "I really needed you jackie and you weren't there. I was alone. I had no-one. I thought i had you but apparently, being with cole is better than being here with your sister when she needs you right?"

"Come on MJ this isn't fair! I'm sorry okay? I just wanted to give you space!"

"That's no excuse for not being here jackie!" She yelled back. "I really needed my sister here and she wasn't. But you know who was? Kathrine. Why couldn't that be you?"

Not knowing how to answer back, jackie just looked down, guilt eating her whole. When MJ noticed that she wasn't going to receive any answer back she left the room. Climbing the stairs down quickly, her movements caught the walters' attention.

"Hey MJ- MJ!" Kathrine yelled when she noticed her leaving the house. She went to get up but Isaac beat her to it and followed the girl outside.

"MJ stop!" Isaac tried to stop her from walking away but his protests weren't wokring. "Come on. MJ-"

"What do you want Isaac. I'm not in the mood," she said and continuing walking. "I just want to know what happened," he said but that didn't stop her. "MJ-" he said and grabbed her hand and stopped her. When their hands came to contact, the butterflies in MJ's stomach had emerged and her face heated up immediately.

"What happened MJ," he tried once again, hoping to get an answer this time. "Nothing okay," she said and pulled her hand away from his hand. The feeling of emptiness filled them both. "It's not nothing if it got you so worked up," he kept insisting, trying to understand what had happened.

"It's nothing Isaac believe me. I'm fi-"

"You're fine yeah i know you told me. But are you truly? You missed school today. What's happening MJ, and don't you say it's nothing,"

"I don't owe you explanations okay? I'm doing just fine," she insisted once again but Isaac knew she was lying to his face. "No you're not MJ,"

"yes i am! Why the caring all of a sudden huh? What do you want from me Isaac!"

"To tell me the truth!" As he kept pushing her, he didn't realise the pressure she was receiving. Letting out a sob she couldn't stop, the crying came back once again. MJ didn't like to cry. She thought that crying was s sign of weakness and she wasn't weak. At least she thought. She always thought that she could handle everything by herself but it was showed that she couldn't actually.

Isaac didn't know how to handle the situation. He didn't know the right things to say, he didn't know what to do. "I'm sorry," she said through her sobs. "No come on MJ, i'm sorry," he quickly apologised. "Come here," he pulled her into a tight hug, a gesture she really needed.

"I'm trying. I'm really trying," she said, wetting his shirt with her tears of pain. Rubbing a hand up and down on her back trying to calm her down, Isaac felt sorry for the girl in his arms. "I know, i know."