XVII

MJ didn't get the chance to talk to her sister since she came late back home. Waking up jackie, had the worst headache ever. After she got herself dressed she tried waking up her sister but you know, MJ wasn't the person to easily wake up.

Leaving her be, she headed downstairs to get some breakfast. Meeting with kathrine at the kitchen, the older woman made some breakfast for jackie and the rest of the fam. After their little talk, george yelled down for cole, in order to give him and jackie their punishment for what they did last night.

After handing them their list of chores as their punishment, MJ lazily came down the stairs, still a little sleepy. "Goodmorning hon," kathrine greeted her and handed her a cup of coffee. "Morning," she groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Are you coming with us for the party?" Kathrine asked the girl but she was too tired to attend. "Nah, i think i will pass," she said and grabbed a pancake for her.

Finishing her breakfast, she got upstairs to change off her pjs. Putting on a black hoodie and matching sweatpants, she brushed her hair and put on some perfume. As jackie entered the room as well, she didn't notice alex was behind her.

"Hey, Jackie," alex greeted her with a smile. "Hi." she said back. "Well, what are you, uh...what are you doing?"

"Just packing paint supplies," she exclaimed as she kept going with her chores. "Cool,"

"Uh, last night. You almost-"

"I know. I'm so sorry. I... I didn't mean-" MJ who was paying attention to their conversation, raised her eyebrows, confused by what alex was referring to. "It's okay. I just didn't want you to- To, like, regret it or anything. But it wasn't because I didn't want to-"

"Oh. Jackie! Hey! Okay, I know you're grounded, but Katherine said I could ask you about your very urgent school project," grace all of a sudden barged in. She turned to look at alex, giving him a look saying 'leave'. Getting that, alex turned around and left the room and the girls to talk.

"Okay. Come on. Obviously there's no school project, but there is a rumor you went to Dylan's cabin party. Is that why you skipped school? Did you get drunk? Did you play Truth or Dare? I heard they play some R-rated version of it," grace rambled and when MJ did heard she was with her mouth opened in shock. "What?!" MJ yelled in surprise of what what she was hearing. "Um spill! Right now!" She said, waiting for her sister to spill the tea about what happened.

"Okay, we did play Truth or Dare, but it wasn't fun. It was confusing," jackie explained when she was finally given the chance to talk. "Confusing how?" MJ asked. "Cole almost kissed me," both friends of jackie widen their eyes in shock. "Almost? What happened?"

"Long story," jackie sighed not wanting to say what actually happened. "Honestly, I thought you were into Alex," grace said and crossed her arms. "I don't know. I messed up, and I drunkenly tried to kiss him last night, and then, i don't know," MJ was having her time processing everything that came out of jackie's mouth.

"Jackie, we don't talk for one day, and your life gets so much juicier. No, but I'm confused. So are you into Alex, or are you getting into Cole?" Grace asked her friend. "The only thing I am getting into is Princeton," she exclaimed, ruining grace's and MJ's imagination.

"Uh guys?" Letting those two words leave MJ's mouth, both friends turned to look at her. "I might have left something behind too," hearing that, both girls' attention were not more on the cole-alex thing but to MJ. "Uh do tell!"

"I might have kissed Isaac yesterday,"

"What!?" Grace and jackie yelled in surprise. "You did not! Oh my god!" Jackie chuckled excited for her sister. "The details girl, the details!"

After the walter family has left for the party, cole and jackie were busy with their chores, while MJ was still up in her room. Grace made a little time to keep company to MJ for a little while. Sitting on MJ's bed, grace begged her for more details about hers and Isaac's moment. "So how was it? Where was it? Is he a good kisser or not? Did he-"

"Grace! Take a breath," after taking a huge breath and sharing a nod, MJ started telling her best friend what happened exactly. "So, you drover the rest of the walters home and me and isaac were supposed to come home together. but he suddenly changed his mind and took me to a place. a beautiful one let me tell you. there were flowers everywhere and the lake, the lake was majestic itself," MJ chuckled, remembering the exact magical moment of them. "we were sitting there, cuddling to be exact, and at that moment a sense of boldness came over and i opened my mouth and i said 'what are we' because by the looks of Isaac if i hadn't asked him we will still be on the friend zone part," letting out a chuckle of agreement, grace was listening carefully, as she had the feeling of pride and happiness for her best friend.

"he of course didn't answer right away, so i took it as an 'i don't know' and i stood up, trying to leave but then he followed after me and then he-"

"he kissed you! oh my god! that's so sweet!" grace said smiling from ear to ear. "i know right!" bringing her into a hug, grace felt happiness for her friend's moment with the one she liked. as the hug was broken, grace's phone rang. looking at who the caller was, she sighed and answered it. when she hung up and she turned to look at MJ with a pout. "i gotta go," she said not wanting to leave her alone but MJ  completely understood. getting up from her bed, before leaving, grace turned around. "if anything else happens, call me!" and with that she left MJ's.

time has passed and MJ was once again bored and had no idea what to do. deciding to go downstairs, she heard voices coming from the kitchen. peeking in to see what was happening she was met with her sister and no one else than cole himself drinking hot cocoa and looking extra cozy together. smiling at the scene in front of her, Mj decided not to interrupt and went back upstairs.

as time has passed, MJ was doing some of her homework when all of a sudden the electricity went off. "oh hell no," opening the flash on her phone, she carefully went downstairs, trying to find her sister or cole to see if they perhaps knew how to get the electricity back.

stepping down on the last step, she noticed the various candles that were lit in the whole house. following them, she noticed once again cole and jackie having a moment there, near the fire. clearing her throat this time, she took both teenagers' attention "oh hey MJ. everything okay,"

"yeah everything's fine," she nodded in confirmation and then she let out a smirk covering her whole face. "having fun you two?" jackie looked down and cole let a small chuckle leaving his mouth. "i'll leave you two be," with that being said, MJ left the two teenagers alone. personally she believed that cole was the one for her sister even though jackie herself didn't know what or who she wanted. but MJ's opinion was just hers. going to the kitchen to get the snack she previously went to grab but didn't, she opened the fridge, scanning the options in front of her. seeing a piece of cake laying there, she grabbed it and closed the fridge door. grabbing a plate from the cupboard and a fork as well and she began eating when she head the front door opening. 

kathrine walter walked inside, not expecting the whole house to be pitch black. the first thing she saw was the youngest Howard eating peacefully her piece of cake along with the candles surrounding her. behind her was her son, Alex, who was looking around for obviously jackie. as he walked towards the living room he finally saw her. seeing jackie along with his brother was something that alex himself didn't like at all.