𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡 𖦷

disastrous christmas

age: 15
mom: scarlett
dad: colin
sister: rose
rose's age: 11 months

-

Y/N'S POV
This year Christmas felt so different already and we only had a two weeks until Christmas, yet it just doesn't feel the same as it did those years ago.

My baby sister was born 11 months ago, and she hasn't had her first Christmas yet, that was this year, which is why it felt so different, i don't want to be selfish or anything but that means all the attention isn't on me like it used to be.

I want to tell my mom that it doesn't feel the same but it's natural and everyone with a little sibling has felt this way at one point but i have such a fear that my parents are going to forget about me this year.

I also wouldn't want her to hate me for saying that Rose is taking up so much time, i'm fifteen and should be more independent, i shouldn't be so upset.

"You're quiet, what's up?" Mom asks coming into the kitchen with Rose sitting on her hip, i shrug my shoulders and stir my cereal about with my spoon.

"You alright?" She asks placing her hand on my back and giving it a small rub, i nod my head and hum in agreement. She places Rose in her highchair and ruffles my hair, i look at her quickly before looking away.

"It's snowing dear, do you wanna go out?" My mom asks me, i smile and look up, looking out the window and seeing the snow, it's still snowing and it's layering which looks like it's thickening.

"Can we!" I say excitedly

"Well yeah, but we'd need to go to the store to get Rose a snow suit" Mom smiles, i clench my fists and look back down at my breakfast that's now soggy and sitting in front of me.

"Doesn't matter" I say standing up and putting the bowl into the sink, i go to walk out the kitchen but mom comes over and puts her arm out in front of me which stops me from walking through the door.

"Stop being stroppy whenever Rose needs something" She says looking at me sternly, i just nod my head and duck under her arm making my way to the living room.

I sit on sofa, going onto my phone for a few hours until mom comes into the room with Rose, she places her on the floor and lets her crawl about whilst she sits down on the sofa next to me, placing her arm on the back of the sofa behind me.

"What is going on?" She asks me seriously, i look at her and shrug my shoulders, looking back at me phone which mom slowly takes out my hands making me sigh.

"Christmas isn't the same" I say looking down at my lap and fiddling with my skirt, mom nods her head and pulls her arm down and rubs my shoulder which relaxes me.

"Why is it not the same honey, i think this Christmas will be the best Christmas ever" Mom smiles happily and rubs my shoulder, i look up and furrow my eyebrow.

"Why would it be the best? Nothings really changing" I say quietly looking at Rose who's crawling about on the floor, playing with her toys.

"Well, it's Rose's first Christmas, it'll be better with Rose" Mom pats my shoulder, i feel my body tense and my chest sting, why would it be better with Rose, was i myself not enough to make Christmas the best.

"Well- no i didn't mean it like that, i just mean, we'll be a family finally" Mom says trying to get herself out of the situation she's in.

"No- no- not a family, well yes but we were a family before hand, you know?" She panics slightly and sits up, i feel tears brim my eyes and i look over at Rose who's tugging on the branch.

Just as i go to get up from the sofa, Rose pulls the tree and before mom can rush over to her and grab onto her, Rose ends up pulling the entire Christmas tree down.

Mom lets out a gasp and rushes to get Rose, luckily the tree just missed her so she wasn't injured, she just starts laughing to herself and trying to get the baubles that have fallen everywhere.

When i go to walk out the room, i find my glass bauble smashed on the floor, the one i made in kindergarten for mom and dad, i bend down and pick up the shard which was the picture i drew of us on.

I then turn to look at mom, she looks as me as she holds Rose on her hip, her face visibly upset, tears continue to stream down my face before i walk away.

Speedily, i rush to my room, slamming my door shut, i place the glass on my desk and then sit on my bed, holding my pillow close to my chest, crying into the top of it.

"Y/n? Baby?" Mom knocks at my door, i just keep quiet and let her come in herself, Rose no where to be seen, i look over at my clock, seeing it's past five which then means my dad is back, right now my back is facing away from mom at the moment.

"I'm sorry for what i said, i didn't mean for it to sound so rude and horrible" Mom says sitting on my bed behind me, i keep ignoring her, i really wish that i could go back in time to before Rose was born, as mean as it sounds, but i just liked it better then, i'm not used to this.

"Christmas was better before" I mumble and hug my pillow tighter, mom places her hand on my back and rubs slightly.

"I know, i'm sorry" Mom says and pats my arm, i just nod my head and fiddle with my fingers, our tree was ruined, Christmas felt dead, i was tired and just wanted to sleep.

"The tree is ruined" I mumble with a sniffle and wipe under my eye were a tear starts to fall, mom scoots closer to me and rests her chin on my shoulder, facing me.

"I know it is baby, i'm sorry, she's only 1" Mom days and rubs my shoulders, she kisses my cheek and runs her fingers through my hair which makes me melt into her body.

"It doesn't matter, our Christmas tree is ruined, my ornament is, bro-broken" I sob and point to the glass shard on my desk, mom lets out a sad sigh and looks back to the desk.

"I'm so sorry my love" Mom says taking me in her arms fully, wrapping both of them around me tightly and holds me close to her chest, patting my bottom and rubbing my back as i sob.

"Everything alright?" Dad asks coming into my bedroom, he opens the door wider and walks in, taking a seat on the end of my bed, Rose is no where to be seen which means she's probably sleeping.

"Rose broke her ornament, you know the one she made of all us in kindergarten?" Mom explains to dad, i look over at him sadly as more tears fall down from my face, onto mom's arms.

"It's broken" I repeat with a sob, dad frowns and comes closer to us, placing his hand on my leg and rubbing it slightly, i lean over out of mom's arms and into his, he wraps his around me tightly as i sob into his neck.

"I promise we will do something very special" Mom says placing her head on top of mine and i sob into dad's neck, i nod my head, i hope mom and dad can do something special, i'd really like this Christmas to go well, even if it's a disaster at the moment.

-

Chapter 50!!!