1. My new life

"Ugh, can you move!?" A tall mean looking lady yelled at me.

"Oh, mianhe." I bowed to the lady. I swear I saw her roll her eyes in the most mean way possible before walking away.

I walked out of the giant airport, almost bumping into another person, when I finally saw my taxi. My luggage was bumping into all of the curbs possible, and I swear I could hear something break.

I opened the trunk but struggled to put all of my luggages inside, but I finally managed. Then I opened the back door, and to my surprise there were boxes of candles everywhere. I moved them and sat down, trying to place my backpack somewhere not to squash the candles.

"Annyeong." I greeted the driver before showing him the destination. You might think I'm quite good in Korean, because I've at least learned some basic words, right? Nope. Well, I read some of the words during the flight, but theoretically I don't know anything.

Before I could even fold the paper back into my pocket, the driver took off really fast, and started saying something in Korean.

"Uhm, sorry, I-I don't speak Korean that well." I tried cutting him off, but I guess he didn't hear me since he just continued talking. After about 5 minutes of him talking nonstop, he suddenly stopped the car and someone opened the front door.

The man was driving so fast, I felt like I was having a panic attack. My hair was all messed up and I could feel my hands hurting from hitting the candles around me when the man was driving.

"Annyeong dad!" A beautiful girl sat into the car. Her hair was so long and shiny, her face flawlessly perfect, and her clothes looked like designer. I was gushing over her looks, when suddenly the girl turned to me and smiled. I had just noticed they had been talking for the last 5 minutes about something.

"Annyeong! I heard you're new at my school." She exclaimed. I was petrified. How could such a pretty girl be talking to me? My mind went completely blank. I was thinking on what to say.

"Uhm, yeah! You're really pretty." Wow, that was really the first thing that came to mind? I probably sound like a suck up. Gosh, my first possible friend in school and I already probably made a bad impression.

"Aissh, wait till she takes her make-up off." Her dad said snickering. I think he thought it was funny, but before I could even blink the girl hit his arm lightly. 

"You really have to embarrass me like this?" She cried. Her dad stopped laughing but he was still snickering a bit.

"I'm Ju-kyung, and you?"..

"Oh, I'm Ha-eun. Nice to meet you!" We continued talking before her dad finally dropped me off at my mum's.

"Bye Haeuniie!" Ju-kyung yelled. "See you at school tomorrow!"

I waved back at her before turning to face the giant mansion. The house wasn't that big, but there were flowers everywhere. For being my gardener, my mum had a pretty decent house.

I was about to ring the doorbell, when someone beat me to it. It was a tall, dark haired handsome guy, with a lady next to him.

"Annyeong." She greeted me before saying something to the guy in Korean. Wow, this was going to be a problem If I didn't learn Korean soon. The doorbell has been ringing for a while now, and finally my mum answered.

"Aaah! Annyeong Mi-Hyang! What are you doing here?" She yelled as she went to open the gate. I guess she didn't see me yet, nor recognize me.

"Hi Ji-mina! We came for a visit with Seojun, I hope you don't mind." She yelled.