27. Hospitalized smartass

"What are you even doing here though?" Seojun turned to me, again.

Gosh, he bickers so fricking much..

Since Jukyung's now pretending to be Sooho's cousin, turned to him, with her head all down, I had to pay attention to Han Seojun, the bickering mess.

"I'm telling you, Sooho's cousin called me."

"But why you? Are you close with her? That much that, you're the first one she calls when her cousins gets into an accident?"

"-why did she even come? Shouldn't Jukyung, or someone closer come instead?" He bickered, and complained.

Ah, now, this man's acting smart, but when he in school, he sleeps. He should sleep now, and finally shut up!

Finally, the nurse came inside, telling him to calm down, or his blood pressure will go up.

But he didn't stop just there, he still shot deathly glances at Jukyung's back, before turning to me.

"Why are you so sweaty? Did you run here?"

Finally Han Seojun's attention was on something else, than emotional Jukyung, and Sooho trying to reassure her, everything's fine.

"Yep."

"What? Why? You shouldn't have." He suddenly sat up.

"Han Seojun, lay back down."

"No, why did you run here? Were you perhaps...worried about me?" He chuckled.

"No, Sooho's cousin told me to hurry." My eyes rolled didn't go unnoticed by him, but he just snickered, accepted defeat in our little feud, and laid back down.

"Yeah right. Just tell me you were worried. I'll accept it, no judgement."

"Yah! She didn't even tell me what was going on, until we arrived to the hospital."

We both argued there, like little children.

"Fine. But did you feel at least a bit worried, when you found out what happened?"

"Maybe, but for the both of you! A car crash is serious."

"So, you WERE worried about me, at least a tad bit!"

I stayed silent for a while, thinking, before finally accepting, he had won our tiny little argument.

"Fine."

"Ha! I knew it! I'm irresistible to think about." He smiled.

"Shut up, your blood pressure will go up." He chuckled, as I scoffed at him, clearly annoyed.

"Hah, never! I'll forever annoy you!"

"Whatever." I stood up, fighting the urge to clench my neck in pain. Gosh, I'm so thirsty. The pain was getting less bearable by the second, every time I just breathed, I felt like catching a wave of coughs.

"Yah, don't leave me here! My mum's not coming till tomorrow!" Seojun suddenly whined, sitting up, with a pleading pout on his face.

"I'm gonna go get water."

"But come back then, don't leave me here." He pleaded, still with the pout on his lips, and frown on his whole face.

"Why not? You're being too annoying. I won't leave if you'll shut up."

"Fine, I'll talk less. Just don't leave me here!"

"I won't." I nodded, leaving the room, and looking around the hall, curiously. I hope they have a water dispenser here, somewhere.

I roamed around the endless halls, a bit astonished that I barely saw any nurses around. Probably because it was already 9 o'clock, but still, there should be at least, some people, to help with gut-wrenching thirsts, like me.

The more I walked down the halls, the more people I saw, which was a good sign. Probably cause, Seojun and Sooho's room was on the third floor, and at the very end of the hall, there weren't many people there.

Finally I approached a kind, older nurse, who happily gave me my own glass of water, and offered my some snacks, which I tried to politely decline, but she wouldn't let me.

"Take these candies with you." She smiled, handing me a giant packet of sour gummies, along with the giant glass, before turning tosoem patients.

"Aissh, you shouldn't have miss, thank you." Bowing, I walked away, trying to find my way back to Seojun's room. Gosh, this hospital's giant.

The more I roamed around the halls, the more lost I felt by the second. Hundreds of left and tight turns, all leading to the same exact place , each filled with at least double the rooms.

My thirst was put out already, but by the time, I just remotely got close to some halls, I remembered or recognized, I needed another glass.

Thank goodness, Seojun's room had a bathroom, with clean running water. Now was just to find Seojun with that bathroom.

I still carried the awfully sweet candies, (which I can actually confirm), since I tasted one right after drinking that water. Huge mistake, by the way, since that just started a new wave of thirst.

God, did Seojun move states by the time I went to get that water? I swear his room was rifht after every single corner I took, but there was no "Lee and Han" in sight.

Either I was blind, my very terribly slow korean reading was kicking in the qualitative side too, or his room just moved floors, or hospitals.

Thank god, the nearest turn I turned, I finally spotted a somewhat similar hall, to the one I had left earlier. And a couple of steps later, there it was! Their room! 

Seriously , why do they make such giant, and complicated hoapitals? Like I get, they're trying to fit as much people here as possible, but they make them so bougie and complicated, every hall looks the same.

Imagine an older grandma, with terrible visiom, and amnesia. Poor woman would think she's in a loop.

I interruped my thoughts, about old grandmas and amnesia, to celebrate ,my small victory, in finding this overly complicatedly placed room.

"Where have you been so long? Even Sooho's cousin left already!" Seojun frowned, annoyedly, crossing his arm on his chest, as he stared at me enter the room.

"This hospital is so complicated."

"Tell me about it." He sighed, laying back down, and resting his back on the reversible board of the bed.

"So, Liiiii-Sooho's cousin already left?" I saved myself last minute, sitting on the small peg-chair next to his bed, and sipping on the water, I had refilled.

"Yeah."

"Wait, where's Sooho?" I looked around the room curiously, to just find his undid bed, with no one in it.

"He went with her to the front entrance."

"Ahh." I nodded in understanding. 

My eyes wandered around the tiny hospital room, spectating every inch of it, like the tiny air-purifing-thingamajig plants on the window. The room looked actually quite put together. Even Sooho's side, with the undid blankets, looked nice and taken-care-of. 

I couldn't  say the same about Seojun's side, with the unwashed plates right next to his bed, bed wrinkly, undid too, but looked more like a cow just chewed it up.

Ah, whatever. I'm just glad Seojun....AND Sooho are alright. Maybe a bit more excited about the Seojun part, but it's alright.

[-]

Hello loves! Thank you so much for reading, luv u guys sm! Stay healthy and happy, luv u!<3

Also tysmmm for 2.2K reads!!<3