8. Late night walks

As I arrived to my gate, about to open it, I felt someone lightly nudge my shoulder.

"Aa! Ha-eun! How are you dear?!" I heard a familiar voice yell. Seo-Jun's mum.

"Hello." I bowed to her before my mum ran outside excitedly.

~~

It was about 7pm and I was finally done with all of my worksheets. I carefully scanned trough every single one of them, making sure I don't forget one for tomorrow.

After putting them all on one giant pile, I stared at my phone screen, aimlessly scrolling through social media. I was bored as hell, and still had so much free time.

Then I remembered the pathway I had gone through today, on my way home.

Ya, why don't I go though that pathway again? I asked myself as I slipped on a sweater and shorts.

The weather outside was quite nice, warm average summer weather.

I tried to slither down the stairs, so that my mum and Seo-Jun's mum wouldn't notice, but I got caught.

"Ha-eun, where are you going dear?" My mum asked a bit surprised that I was going somewhere so late.

"Just to the beach, right over our house."...

"Ya, I know that place. It's really pretty there!" Seo-Jun's mum yelled.

"Yeah, I'm just...going on a walk." I hesitated for a bit, I don't even know why. I was telling the truth!

"Alright, but be back at 8, alright?" My mum yelled as I smiled at her one last time before leaving.

As I walked down the road, it was already getting darker. But the sound of the wind blowing lightly and the crashes of the waves was still hearable.

I pulled out my phone and turned on my favourite BTS song in my AirPods, as I walked down the street.

Finally I got to the park, and to that pathway. I walked down it carefully, since it was already quite dark, and wasn't so easy to see. I stepped up the hill and gasped at the wonderful view.

The sun was at its last peak, setting beautifully, creating a lovely orangey-blackish blend. I stared at it in awe before heading down to the actual shore of the beach.

My sneakers were deepening in, as I walked in the dry sand. As I was getting closer to the water, I slipped off my sneakers and stuffed them with my socks. I held them in my hand, as I walked in the water.

The sound of waves crashing to my feet, and the sound of the leaves hitting against each other in the wind, created a lovely atmosphere.

I could also hear the birds chirping melodies, as I just found myself listening in silence.

I walked through the beach, listening closely, before finally approaching the dock. I sat down on the edge, my feet dangling from the dock.

They were a few centimeters above the water, just like in the hours before. I reached for my headphones, that I stuffed in my pocket before going up the hill. I didn't even turn the music off, since the chirping of the birds took my interest away.

My headphones had finished playing 'Life goes on' at least three times already, before I put them back in my ear and played another song.

~~

I still sat at the dock, as my music was just playing on shuffle. As I was about to change the song, since it really didn't take my interest, I gasped seeing the time.

I stood up before slipping on my shoes and socks, and started walking back from the dock. I was already 7:57, so I decided to head back. I stared at the sparkling ocean, in the moon's reflection, before heading up the hill.

I walked down the street as I texted the group chat about the upcoming field trip, that was next week. I was feeling extremely lazy to pack, but I had to do it sometime, so I decided I would do it today.

I closed the gate to my garden, before walking inside and shutting the door. I sighed as I realized what I have in front of me. I have to pack my bags for the field trip we have next week.

My room has been a giant mess for the last week, let alone the fact I have to pack that mess made my head hurt. I walked in my room after taking a couple of steamed buns from the kitchen, and immediately started packing.

I grabbed a couple of clothes, that I knew I would not wear in the next two days, and folded them into the luggage. I took a fresh pair of pajamas, consisting of sweatpants shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

I grabbed a couple essentials, as my headphones, extra charger and just some random stuff. I huffed as I stood up, staring at my room. The mess that was there before, was gone, but not fully yet. I still had some clothes and random books on the floor, but I just left them there.

I lay down on my bed, scrolling on Youtube aimlessly. Skipping another video, after another. Nothing really caught my interest, so I just went to take a shower.

A couple of minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom, already done. I sat on my bed as I turned on a random playlist on Youtube, and just packed my things for tomorrow.

"You going to bed?" My mum asks as she brings a couple of freshly folded sheets into my room. 

"Yeah." 

"Alright. Goodnight dear." She smiled before kissing my forehead and leaving the room.

I lay there in my room thinking. Suddenly the song changed, and played one of my favorite songs. It was a more coldly/baddie aesthetic song, and I adored it, since it always made me feel powerful.

I grabbed my phone as I turn off the song as soon as it finished. I was tired as hell, and just wanted to sleep. I set my alarm, as usual, before turning off the lights and falling into deep slumber.

But before that, I thought of the the beach that I had walked on today. It was definitely my new favorite place. I didn't know why, but I felt quite sad after the day. Maybe because I was tired, or because the day was quite boring. 

[im soo sorry for the terrible chapter again. Half years were literally yesterday and Ive been so busy with exams and school. But Ill try to post more. Thx for reading, and make sure to stay healthy!]