9.Days before the field trip

The next morning I woke up feeling surprisingly good. I expected to feel tired, or at least grumpy, but somehow I felt refreshed.

I immediately ran downstairs, since I felt quite hungry. I expected my mum to be there, already making breakfast, making this day even better, but It was empty like always. I stared at the note that she left on the table, and it always said the same.

"I left for work early, made you some porridge, its in the fridge. Love you<3"

Well, at least there's breakfast today. Usually she told me to make myself a quick slad, or eat a yogurt. Well, I guess we can't have everything, can we? I woke up not tired, that's already a win for me, and my mum being home would just not be real.

Actually, I would think it's a dream, or I'm dead and I'm just having my last flashbacks of a happy life. I sighed before opening the fridge and taking out the porridge.

It actually was real, and edible. Not trying to offend my mum, but she never makes me breakfast, so this was a surprise. I ate the food, excited, and feeling that something bad will definitely happen today.

I mean-two good things already happened today, so that's either just pure luck, a reward for my years of struggling waking up late and tired+not having breakfast, or fate is planning something for me.

I cleaned the bowl as fast as possible, before running upstairs to get changed. A lot has changed since I first moved here. My Korean has been slowly, but steadily getting better and I finally know where the school is! I've actually remembered the teacher's names, and also my classmates.

And the town is really beautiful too. I especially love the beach near my house, and go there almost every day. Listening to 'Life goes on' by BTS in the daytime, and 'Red lights' by Hyunjin and Bangchan in the evening always fits the vibe so much.

I actually feel at home here, and enjoy being here. From how father described this place, it seemed boring and annoying, but it's actually a thousand times better than back there.

Back there, I was always home alone, and father was never there. My friend group was quite toxic, but I ignored it since I wasn't possible of making new friends there. Father always talked bad about this place, since it was mum's hometown. He tried to convince me not to leave, saying all kinds of nonsense about this place, but i ignored him. And I'm glad I did, cause now I'm here, happier than ever.

I slipped on some denim shorts with a oversized t-shirt, grabbing my converses and my backpack. I stuffed some pastries in my backpack, before running outside, so I'd catch up with Ju-kyung in front of the school.

I was already in front of the school, as Ju-kyung waved at me happily. I was about to do to same, when I felt someone lightly smack my head. I turn to the person in confusion, but my expression immediately changed to an annoyed one, when I saw who it was.

Han Seo-jun. I stare at him annoyed, before I turn around and walk away. I wasn't in the mood to fight, and ruin my lovely morning, so I just ignored me. But, he didn't do the same, like I expected.

"What's with that attitude?" He asks poking my cheek lightly.

"I'm not in the mood to ruin my so-far-so-good morning, so please don't annoy me. Thanks."

I hear him chuckle before I walk off to Ju-kyung, and we both entered the school. I wasn't going to let the slightest inconvenience ruin my day, and I was dedicated. Thankfully I didn't have to be his servant anymore, so this just helped my day get better.

I skipped to the classroom, holding Ju-kyung in the iconic church grandma walk, as we talked and chatted about all kinds of things.

That's when I realized something. Today's the day we get out exam results!! I was a bit nervous. My mum told me always that I'm a smart kid, and I did speak multiple languages, but I was never a straight A's student. Sure, I had lots of A's but I had B's too. So, in conclusion, I'm pretty much the average.

I sat at my seat a bit worried. I never really cared too much for my grades, but this was quite a big exam. I stared at the teacher expecting some reaction from him, but he just stood in front of me emotionless.

I stared at him, as he handed me my exam, before smiling. He was the type of teacher to play jokes and games with us.

"Great job Ha-eun." He smiled widely, visibly happy by my accomplishment. I bowed slightly before smiling too.

Alright, fate is definitely planning something horrific for me. I don't believe that today is actually such a good day. I'm either in my last minutes of life, or luck is just mysteriously somehow on my side.

[-]

Finally 4th period ended. I felt so hungry the whole day, since I'd only eaten two tiny pastries, so I was beaming with joy when it was finally time for lunch. I could even see the happiness on Mr. Han's face as he ran out of the classroom.

I turned to Su-a and Soo-jin, since Ju-kyung already ran out of the classroom. Both of them agreed with going to the cafeteria, so we just headed there.

[-]

Finally we sat at our usual table, and I immediately dug into my food. I was super hungry, and just wanted to eat already, but suddenly I heard a loud trumpet sound. I flinched from the loud noise, before looking up at the person.

I stared down at my food that I had dropped on my jeans too, before groaning in annoyance. Alright, my streak of luckiness was slowly starting to wear off.

I stare at the person in annoyance, as they started to say something. It was Tae-hoon again. He stood up on the table, as he put the trumpet down and started reciting some cheesy line.

Gosh, this stupid pabo. I get that he's trying to do something nice for Su-a, but he doesn't have to bring a trumpet with him!

I stared at the food, that I had dropped on my jeans for a few seconds, before throwing it off and heading to the bathroom. I needed to clean this off asap, and also didn't want to listen to Tae-hoon's cheesy recital.

I walked out of the cafeteria, almost bumping into a tall masculine figure, Sooho.

"Ah, mianhe." I manage to let out as I hurry up to the bathroom. He just stared at me, like at a monkey, before walking in the cafeteria in silence.

Gosh, he was so emotionless, like a robot.

I haven't really talked to Lee Sooho yet since I came here, mainly because he was so heartless. But, I remember when he said one sentence to me, and that was when he and Seo-Jun had a fight.

Actually, I never really found out the reason why Seo-Jun and Sooho hate each other. It has to be something personal, if they just hate each other's guts so much.

I ran to the bathroom, erasing my thoughts as I started scrubbing my jeans vigorously. There was complete silence in the bathroom, even though there were people next to me just staring at me.

I looked up at them, just to notice it was the girl who wanted to replace Go-woon in her solo, Soo-Jin and Ju-kyung? The girl was soaked and Ju-kyung was holding a bucket as Soo-Jin suddenly jumped and almost kicked the girl.

I stared at them, shocked as the girl yells and storms out of there with her group, furiously. Ju-kyung was also staring at Soo-Jin shocked, because of the kick she just did.

"That....that was so, awesome!" I yelled excitedly as I jumped on Soo-Jin.

Soojin-ssi was extremely beautiful, like drop dead gorgeous! And aside from that, she was also smart, always was in the top 5 in our class. But she was also fearless, and stood up to everyone in need. She was literally perfect!

Both her and Ju-kyung walked to class with me, when we saw the girl from before stomping furiously, and we just laughed. She deserved it, for treating Go-woon so rudely!

Amount of words: 1.4k

Thx so much for reading. Ik yall probably hate me cuz of how slow i am, and im so sorry for that. Next chapter will be the field trip, and im excited for this part!😍
Yall make sure to stay hydrated, and luv u!<3