24. Jukyung's birthday..

A couple of hours later, I was finished with everything, and just sat at the dock, staring at the water. It was slowly starting to get dark, but it was still beautiful.

The sun setting made the ocean look even dreamier.

Slowly, I strayed packing up my stuff, placing my worksheets in my bag, but I noticed someone approaching the dock.

I didn't see who it was though, I just heard the creaks of the wood, under the person, with every step they took.

Surely, the person got closer, and I finally looked at them, a bit shocked. They were standing right above me, like some kind of pillar.

Ah, well...what did o expect from Sooho? What the hell was this man doing here? The cold, heartless Sooho, that hates me, for some reason.

For real, I have not idea what I'd done to him, to make him so envious of me. Maybe it's that I'm close to Jukyung. That idiot should know he has her all for himself..

I stared at him for a couple of seconds, before he sat down next to me. Gosh, what is this pabo doing?! He's ruining my enjoyable, beach moment. How dare he?!

"Hey."

"Hi?" I replied, a bit hesitant.

"Whatcha doing?"

Why was he acting so friendly suddenly? Like we were mates, or something. He should act like this to Taehoon, not me.

"Ah, just...enjoying the view."

"You come here often?"

"Ah, yep. You could say that."

He stayed silent for a while, probably mustering up the courage, or thinking of how to say something.

"Listen, could I ask you something? I need your help."

He needs my help? In what dimension, or universe are we right now?!

"Uh, sure. What's up?"

"It's Jukyung's birthday soon, and as her boyfriend, I dunno what to get her, or do for her."

"Ah, didn't you google something?"

"Well...yes. But google didn't get me a clear answer."

"Ah, well. How am I supposed to know, what a boyfriend should get his girlfriend?"

"Well...think of it this way.. what would you like to receive from...Seojun?"

"Seojun? He's not my boyfriend!"

"He's not?" He asked, confused, and a bit shocked.

"No!"

"Wa, I jinja thought he was.."

"Well, whatever. A girl would probably wanna get like...some jewelry, or like flowers, or a gift, or like...surprise her somehow.."

"Ah, jinja? Google didn't tell me to get jewelry.." Sooho hummed, in thought, typing something down into his phone.

This was honestly the first time I saw Sooho confused, and genuinely show interest in something.

"Alright, and should I like, come over?"

"Ah, just surprise her first thing when she comes to school.."

"Ah, alrighty. Thanks." He nodded.

"Yeah, no worries."

Then he stood up, grabbed his bag, and left. Idiot, didn't even smile. But, what was I expecting from the ever-heartless Sooho? At least he thanked me..

I sat at the dock a bit more, thinking, before getting up too, and heading home. Ah, I still have to water my mum's plants.

My mum's crazy about those eucalyptuses and all kinds of daisies, or whatever. She's returning from Tokyo in like two weeks, so so-far every day, I had to flower like a hundred flowers. I almost even broke a flowerpot..

Either way, I skipped home happily, but as I entered my gate, I saw Gowoon standing there with Seojun.

Gosh, how many more people was I gonna meet today?

"Gowoon-ah! Annyeong." I smiled, running to hug her.

"Annyeong unnie."

"Seojun-ah, hey. What are you guys doing here?"

"Mum sent us to bring you some food." Gowoon handed me a plastic bag, with tons of food inside.

"Ah, what! Why? Thank you."

"She found out your mum's not here, and you don't have anyone to cook you food."

"Ah, kamsahamnida!" I bowed.

"Nee." She smiled, as they stated leaving.

Seojun just stood there the whole time, not saying a single word, just...standing. How useless.

I entered my house, after the he siblings left, and immediately ran tot he kitchen, opening the food.

There's one thing I know, and that's that Mrs. Han is the best cook. She made me kimchi, tteokboki, rice, all kinds of delicious food.

Gosh, this could feed me for a whole month. She really went a bit overboard in the amount, but I wasn't complaining.

I ran to get changed, and immediately dug into the food, of course, before watering every damn pot in the house. By the time, I finished just half of the food, I was stuffed.

[-]

The next morning, I woke up excited. It's Limju's birthday!

I made sure to set an alarm at least, an hour later, so aid have time to run to Jukyung's house.

And surely enough, this was probably the first ever day, that I wasn't late, and actually had time to wind down, and walk slower.

What a luxury.

I skipped to Jukyung's house, with her gift in my hand, excitedly, and rang the doorbell. I waited there for a couple of seconds, before Limju's mum opened the door.

"Aish, annyeong! What are you doing here so early, Haeun-ah?!" She smiled, navigating me in.

"Ah, I wanted to surprise Jukyung."

"Ahh, what a nice thing to do. She's already awake." Her mum smiled, as she left for the kitchen.

[-]

Sorry for such a short chapter, I just wanted to post today, anyway stay healthy and eat something if I haven't, luv u!<3