1. Introduction

In Kuntibhoj ,
Once upon a time Shurasena, the Yadava king had 2 children, Vasudev and Pritha. While his cousin Kuntibhoja had no child.

Seeing this, Shurasena gave his daughter Pritha to the king Kuntibhoja. That's how Pritha became Kunti, the daughter of Maharaj Kuntibhoja.

When Kunti was young, the great Maharishi Durvasa had come to perform some austerities in the kingdom of kuntibhoja and Kunti decided to serve him.

Being pleased by her, Durvasa granted her the Athravaveda mantra from which she would be able to summon any god to obtain his / her child. As she told the same to her maid, Priyamvadha told Kunti that the boon was fake.

After her first Ritukala, Kunti became curious if the boon worked or not. She had heard a lot about Suryadev, the king of Navagrahas and the foremost Aditya.

She always had an affection towards the beautiful looking sun. Hence, she summoned Suryadev with her mantra and he instantly arrived.

Surya- Kunti, I bless you with a son who will be the foremost wielder of weapons. He will be the greatest Male archer in this yug. He is blessed with a divine kavach and Kundals.

Kunti pleaded the god to not give her the son so the god said.

Surya- Kunti I bless you with a son born from my Ansh. He will be born from my energy and he will not be born from your womb. He will be known as Karna.

After blessing her with his son Suryadev vanished away. Kunti having no chance, floated Karna in the waters of Ganga on the behest of Priyamvadha.

That angered Suryadev, he went in front of Kunti and said.

Surya- Kunti! I curse you was floating my son away! Your sons will bring shame on your name! Your sons will be as weak as a thread and will be as filled with ripus! My son will not forgive you just like you never accepted him, he will never forgive you!
Priyamvadha you will not be able to bare any children of your own!

Soon Karna reached Hastinapur and he was adopted by Adhirath who was the charioteer of Bhishma.

Far away in the depths of a forest,
The son of Bharadwaj, Drona along with his wife Kripi were doing a penance to obtain a son from Mahadev. It had be years since their penance had started. Soon Mahadev came and blessed them.

Shiva- Open your eyes Putra Drona and putri kripi.
Drona & Kripi- Pranam Mahadev.
Shiva- Ask for a boon instead of immortality.
Drona- Mahadev I want a son who possesses the same valiance as you. Also a son who will be an formidable warrior in the future.
Shiva- Tathastu, I bless you both with a son who possesses the same valiance like me and will be one of the most formidable warriors of aryavart.

Mahadev raised his hands and a energy entered the womb of Kripi. After that Mahadev stated.

Shiva- Your son will take birth with a gem on his forehead which will give him power over all living beings lower than humans. It will protect him from hunger, thirst, and fatigue. He will be the Ansh of Rudra (destruction), Kama (love), Krodha (anger) and Yama (death).

Mahadev paused and then looked at Kripi and said.

Shiva- Putri, you have followed your husband to do this penance, hence ask for a boon.

Kripi looked at Mahadev and then she said.

Kripi- Mahadev, nothing is hidden from you. I had always wished to have a daughter. Hence, I Kripi as a boon ask for a daughter who is as still as water but as stormy as the sea, as knowledgeable like Mata Saraswati, as fortunate like Mata Lakshmi, as fierce as Maa Kali but as calm and loving as Mata Parvati, as beautiful as an Apsara and as Innocent as Mata Sati.
Shiva- Tathastu.

Said Mahadev with a smile, he again raised his hands and an energy entered the womb of Kripi. As the boy was the Ansh of Rudra, the girl was the Ansh of Ardhanariswar.

Nine months later, Kripi was blessed with twins. While the daughter was older to the son, Drona ignored her and focused on his son.

The son cried like a horse hence he was named Ashwatthama while kripi looked as Drona went away without looking at their daughter. Devi Susheela and Maharishi Bharadwaj looked sadly towards the daughter. That's when kripi said.

Kripi- Pitashree, your son didn't name her, hence I request you to do so.
bhar- Her eyes holds alot of wisdom, hence I Bharadwaj name her Gyanika.

The girl in the hand of  Kripi giggled hearing her name which brought a smile on all the 3 present there.

7 years later:-
Drona was always playing with Ashwatthama as a little Gyanika looked at them from far away. The poor girl had tears in her eyes as she never got the love of a father.

When ever she wished to play with her father he would say he was busy, but when her younger twin, Ashwatthama wanted to play, Drona was always free.

Even though her mother and grandparents loved her, She always waited for the love of her father. Her father was the main reason her and Ashwatthama couldn't bond. Whenever they talked, Drona would take Ashwatthama away to learn Veda's and scripture's.

But as far as the bond of the twins went, While Drona was out performing austerities, the twins spent time with each other. In the night Ashwatthama also took time to teach Gyanika basic warfare while she taught him the kala's she knew like cooking, literature, music etc.

Today all 4 were visiting Rishi Bharadwaj and Devi Susheela and Drona was waiting for Kripi to come out. Soon a sad Kripi came out with a bag in her hand. They all left and even Ashwatthama looked sad and decided to talk to Gyanika.

Soon they reached the ashram of rishi Bharadwaj and then they all rested. The day went by and they all had dinner together while Kripi made the favorite of Gyanika and she feed Gyanika together and soon She put Gyanika to sleep.

In the common room,
Sush- Putra think about it again, she is just a small girl.
Bhar- Rethink your decision again.
Drona- No I am firm with my decision, she being with my son will ruin his consentration. Ashwatthama is being distracted by her presence.
Ash- But pitashree...
Drona- Quite! lets go Kripi.

Drona got up and picked Ashwatthama in his hands and he left as Kripi followed him in tears. Drona had just left his sleeping daughter behind with his parents, who were sad seeing the faith of their granddaughter.

_________________________
Author's note:-

I told you'll after some changes the story will be re published ☺️.

Do you want Gyanika to be a warrior?
A) Yes
B) No

How was the first chapter?

What do you think about the birth of Karna?

What do you think about the birth of Ashwatthama and Gyanika?

What do you think about the relationship between Drona and Gyanika?

Your views on Drona leaving his daughter with his parents?