16. Subhadra's Svayamvar

In Dwarka,
All the kingdoms had arrived and Karna had come as a chief guest. Gyanika stayed back as she was not feeling well.

The people took their seats and then came the others including the royals of Hastinapur, Avanti and Indraprastha.

After which, Subhadra was called in the royal court.

The sound of her Payal echoed throughout the palace and there she was, the princess of Dwarka.

Arjun was sure to make her his bride as she was his first love

Arjun was sure to make her his bride as she was his first love. He married Shambhavi, the sister of Subhadra to make her jealous but it went in vain as Subhadra was not at all affected.

Vasu- I welcome all of you royals for the Svayamvar of my beloved daughter. She is the pride of mine and the glory of her mother. Since childhood, she is a Shiv bhakt and she got a boon from Mahadev as well. The boon was the Ajgava dhanush of Neelakantha. The one who picks the bow, shall marry Subhadra.

The royals who were arrogant smiled while the smart ones kept quiet. From Rukmi to Shisupal all had failed to lift the bow.

Then came the mighty Bhagadatta, one of the strongest warriors of Aryavart. He gripped the bow and with all his might he tried to lift it but failed.

Then came the youngest Kaunteya, Arjun. He got up and then he said.

Arjun- Get ready to be my bride Subhadra, I have lifted the Dhanush of Devraj Indra and I can lift this bow as well.

Karna and Krishna sighed and shook their heads, then they looked at each other and raised their eyebrows. They then shrugged it off and looked at the scene in front of them. 😅😅

Arjun was trying to lift the bow but he kept on failing. Finally he fell down and all laughed at him.

Arjun- How is this possible! I am sarvashreshth dhanurdhari I can't lose!
Kri- Parth, the only reason you one the Svayamvar of Sakhi was because the Kindura dhanush was of your father Devraj Indra.
Bal- Take back your seat Arjun, let the Svayamvar finish.
Arjun- Impossible! I will abduct Subhadra!

Arjun made his way towards Subhadra but that's when he heard a thunder. All looked at Shree Krishna who had summoned his Sudarshan chakra. Then in a fierce voice he said.

Kri- Don't step out of your boundaries Pandu Putra!

That's when Shambhavi, The adopted daughter of Vasudev said.

Sham- Bhrata stop! Don't make a widow for a wicked women! Subhadra couldn't you see me happy that you want to marry my husband!

Subhadra listened to her insults and finally she said.

Su- Quiet! Tell your husband to stay in his limits! Even if he would have picked up this dhanush, I wouldn't marry him! After Mahadev there are only 4 people that can lift this dhanush, Bhrata Krishna, Sakha Karna, Sakhi Gyanika and Drauni Ashwatthama!
Vasu- Shambhavi when I adopted you were sweet but now you are filled with bitterness! I Vasudev cut all my ties with you and I break the alliance with Indraprastha as well! Kritvarma, Get them out of Dwarka!

The Pandavas and Shambhavi were thrown out of the palace and then the Svayamvar restarted. As said by Subhadra, Ashwatthama picked up the bow and their marriage happened peacefully with Gyanika there as she felt better.

In Kailash,
Par- Rudra Ansh Ashwatthama has finally met the Ansh of Rudrani.
Shiva- Yes Uma.
Ganesh- What does that mean mate?
Par- Putra, Narayan asked us to send our Ansh of Earth. Ashwatthama is the Ansh of Swami while Subhadra is my Ansh.
Ganesh- Then who is Gyanika?
Shiva- She is someone dear to us Putra, as the time goes you'll know that.

_____________________
Author's note:-

I'm back.

How was the Svayamvar?

Did you expect this twist?

What do you think about the fight between Subhadra and Shambhavi?

Who is Gyanika?

Why did Narayan ask Shiv Shakti to send their Ansh on earth?