3. Guru's

Suryadev took Karna to the mountain range of Mahendragiri. As they reached there they saw a sage in deep meditation in front of Shiva linga.

Feeling the warmth in the air, Bhagwan Parshuram opened his eyes

Feeling the warmth in the air, Bhagwan Parshuram opened his eyes. As he opened his eyes he saw Suryadev mounted on his chariot along with a child who looked around 8 years old.

Karna still didn't know who the sage in front of him was but his eyes widened after what his father said.

Surya- Pranipat Mahadev shishya Bhagwan Parshuram.
Parshu- Pranipat Suryadev, who is the child besides you?
Surya- He is my mortal son, he is the mantra Prasad of Maharishi Durvasa.
Karna- Pranipat Bhagwan, I am Radhey Karna.

Bhagwan Parshuram nodded acknowledging Karna. That's when Suryadev said.

Surya- Bhargava, you have vowed to only take Brahmins under you but you have taken Gangaputra Bhishma under your shadow as well. I request you to take my son under your shadow and make him a great warrior who knows dharma as well.
Parshu- I will, but your son will have to vow on the knowledge that I give him. The vow will be to always follow Dharma and to never support adharma.

That's when Karna asked the great sage.

Karna- But Bhagwan, what if to follow Dharma, I'll have to do adharma?
Parshu- To support Dharma sometimes you have to do adharma. Like the death of Vali in Ramayana was needed.
Karna- Then I Karna vow on the shiksha that you'll give me to always abide by Dharma.

That's when Suryadev said.

Surya- Putra, I have blessed you with the divine Kavach and Kundals. Hence, I want you to vow that you will never donate them or give them to someone willingly.
Karna- I Vow Pitashree to never donate my kavach and kundals.

Satisfied by that, Suryadev returned to Suryalok. From the next day the training of Karna began.

In the first 7 months Karna was taught the chaturdasha vidyasthanas along with the four Upaveda's.

Once, Karna was collecting wood in the forest, he saw an injured garud (eagle)(not the vahaan of Lord Vishnu). He looked at him and saw that it was injured hence with the help of Ayurvedic knowledge, he healed the garud.

Soon he and that garud became friends and Karna use to call him Vayusreshta.

Thought Karna didn't understand animal language he use to send letters of Gyanika and she would reply.

But suddenly one day Vayusreshta came back with the letter that Karna had written and shook his head negatively. Karna understood that Vayu couldn't find Gyanika.

In the ashram of Rishi Bharadwaj,
Gyanika was willing to gain education hence, she decided to do penance for Ardhanariswar. She wanted to inform Karna as she use to write letters to him with the help of Vayusreshta. But, she decided to give him a surprise if she became the student of Ardhanarishwar.