Chapter 3

Kat regained consciousness and slowly opened her eyes to a bright light beaming down at her. Everything had gone as she planned, except for one thing. She did not anticipate Milo to have an accomplice. Kat took a moment to take in her surroundings, realizing her hands were tied. She began untying them, freeing her hands relatively quickly.

Just then, the door opened and two people joined her in the basement. One was Milo of course, but the second person made her eyes widen with confusion. It was a woman, but not just any woman. She was from Kat's files.

Evelina Magnolia

A smirk slowly crawled its way onto Kat's face. "Well, this is a surprise...," Kat said. Judging from their attire, it had only been a few hours. Milo smirked and crouched down in front of the chair which he assumed Kat was still tied to. "Hey, sleeping beauty," he said. Kat looked into his eyes, searching for an ounce of regret at what he had just said.

There was none.

"Hello, Milo Santiago," Kat said. Milo looked confused, wondering how Kat knew his name. "E velina magnolia. Didn't expect you to be working with him," Kat continued. "Who the hell are you?" Evalina said. She was getting defensive.

Good.

Evalina was much further back than Milo was. She sat on a table littered with tools, collars, leashes, and other humiliating items. Milo was a terrible man. He was well known for his kidnappings, vandals, and drug trafficking, but Kat knew so much more. He even kept his hostages as pets for a while before killing them out of boredom. "I was looking for you," Kat said. Before Milo could ask any questions, she kicked him in the face, knocking him to the ground.

Evalina's eyes went wide and she flinched at the sound of the impact. Kat stood up, shocking the woman even more. "Milo! I thought you tied her!" Evalina screamed. "I fucking did!" he yelled. Kat walked over to Milo and stood over him, pressing her foot into his chest. "Here's what's gonna happen, kid. You both come with me, and I don't kill you," Kat said.

Evalina shrugged. She figured she was in no place to refuse, and decided to accept. "I don't see why not, I mean... you could kill us," she said, earning a soft chuckle from Kat. "Smart girl," Kat praised. Milo was nervous, which seldom happened. "Okay, fine!" he said.

Kat took her foot off Milo's chest and smiled. "Good boy," she said. These two were like kids, and Kat was going to treat them how they acted. "Let's go. You two can't be trusted alone," Kat said, grabbing her gun from Milo's pocket. It was never smart to keep the weapon of a hostage on you—especially someone like Kat.

...

Kat took Evelina and Milo back to her place, allowing them to stay at her place while she traveled to find one last person. Of course, she left cameras in the house to monitor the troublemakers. Kat was on her way to Alaska to find one last person to complete her team.

Alexis Gonzales.

...

Kat stole a plane and flew herself and at least 30 other people to Alaska, though the original flight was going to Minnesota. Once she landed, she got out and left. She forced her way through the airport security and made her way into the city where Alexis would be.

Kat saw a few cars parked outside the airport and contemplated stealing one, but instead, she just called a taxi. When she finally made her way to Anchorage, she checked her phone, searching for an apartment building. After an hour of roaming the streets, she found the building, but something seemed off. She could smell something.

Burning.

Kat smirked, knowing exactly what was happening. Alexis didn't live in this building. She was burning it down. It was predictable, as her favorite crime was arson. Kat waited outside the building for Alexis to come out.

Once Alexis left the building, one of the rooms blew up, making Kat laugh a bit. Kat went up to her with a smirk on her face. "That fire was beautiful," Kat said to her, catching Alexis slightly off guard. Alexis turned around and took a defensive stance. "You a cop?" she asked. Kat shook her head. "I'm the devil, sweetheart. I was looking for you. I need you on my team, but I can't tell you about it just yet. You in?" Kat said.

Kat seemed to like Alexis, so she felt no need to threaten her. Alexis thought for a moment before responding. "You gonna let me burn shit down?" Alexis asked. She was pretty laid back, and never asked too many questions, though she did have a knack for the dramatics. "You can light the world on fire if you want," Kat promised. Alexis nodded. "Let's go then," she agreed.

...

Kat and Alexis made their way back to New York to get Milo and Evelina. Once they were all together, they went to Arizona. That was where their base was located. Kat guided the three younger recruits inside the base where their jaws dropped at how extravagant it was.

"Damn, you got money like that?" Milo asked. Kat rolled her eyes and led them down one of the halls to their rooms. Their nameplates were already on the doors, and Kat's room was at the very end and farther from everyone else's rooms. "Milo, sweetie, shut up. I stole the money to have it built. Clearly," Kat said.

"Dumbass," Evelina said, slapping him on the back of the head. "Okay, here's how this is gonna work. As soon as the others get here, we discuss your callsigns and roles, and then off you go to your rooms or kitchen or wherever the hell you want. Just don't bother me unless someone's trying to kill you," Kat said.

kat made her way back up the Elevator to wait for the other members leaving everyone else to do whatever it was they wanted. She waited by the entrance of the base, watching for the others in case they showed up. Kye was the first to show up, and Kat showed her the way in. Zync and Lottie were next, and they had arrived together.

...

Once everyone was inside, Kat joined them and began their meeting. When she walked in, everyone was talking amongst themselves and getting to know each other. "All right everyone, shut up," Kat started.

"Let's get this over with," she continued