Chapter 11

This chapter was written by @Garfield499

-------

   Kat signals Lottie through her radio. "Lottie, me, and Keegan are headed towards the target as we speak. Are you and Kye alright?" she asked concerningly. Lottie finds a nearby room to hide in before she continues her hunt. "I'm fine, but Kye isn't with me right now," she responded under pressure.

Kat was checking the perimeter of the area she was in before she found a nearby wall to hide behind.

She was angry but confused at the same time. "What do you mean she isn't with you, y'all were supposed to stay together!?"

Judging by the setting of an entire breakout of chaos they were in, everyone was feeling some type of pressure to the point it was making them feel on edge and stressed out.

Lottie responded in an upsetting but reassuring tone. "Look, me and Kye encountered a big ass hallway that we both knew was not gonna be enough for us to take down together without getting caught, so we had to split up."

"Check in with Kye and make sure she knows what's going on immediately," Kat says in a mannerly order. Before Lottie heads back out, she tries to gain contact with Kye as fast as she possibly can. "Kye, do you read me?" She asks, patiently waiting for a response. No answer.

Lottie tried contacting her again, but this time, with a little concern and worry in her voice.

"Kye I repeat, do you copy?" She asked. Still, a long wave of silence flowed through the walls of the room with no response once again.

Now she was incredibly worried and was about to spiral into a panicked state, but she knew she couldn't do it at this very moment since they were in the middle of a mission and needed to get the job done. Before she walked out of the room, she searched her surroundings and made sure the coast was clear so she could find Kye, and fast. She grabbed her firearm and started running out of the corridor to the other side of the eerie hallway.

...

As soon as Kat and Keegan found the basement, they noticed a few guards blocking the door to where they needed to go. They hid behind a few crates on opposite sides of each other and waited to be given a signal from Zync to attack. Keegan whispered to Zync through his headpiece and asked, "Did you disable the code near the basement door ?". Zync answered in an aching but nonchalant tone, "It took me a while to get through the firewall but y'all should be able to get in ...NOW!"

Keegan gave Kat a nod of approval across the other side of the room to take out the guards expeditiously. First, Kat shot the guard on the left in the leg and shot upwards from behind a crate, hitting a camera. Afterward, she delivered a blow to the head of the guard she had previously shot. Meanwhile, Keegan threw a switchblade, silently slicing open the throat of the guard on the right.

"Well, look at you go, Puppy," Kat said in astonishment at how quickly Keegan took out the guard. "What can I say, this puppy packs a large bite," Keegan replied with a slight laugh. Kat rolled her eyes as they both headed towards the basement door and turned the large handle to open it. "We're in," said Keegan through his earpiece.

While they headed down the steep steps of the basement, both Keegan and Kat were met with a huge missile tightly sealed on display in the middle of the room. "Hmmm...This shouldn't take too long to disable."

Kat said as she walked towards it and examined it closely.

"Hey Zync?" said Kat through her earpiece. "Yo?" Zync replied. "Imma need your assistance with this missile, and fast," ordered Kat through the earpiece once more. "Leave it to me, boss," Zync said as he warmed himself up before he went on to disable the missile.

...

As Lottie ran down the long hallway, she checked every single room from left to right, until she came across one room and noticed some of Kye's essentials scattered on the floor. Lottie almost felt her sink so fast when she discovered Kye's broken gear on the ground and some patches of her uniform, but no trace of her. "This gotta be some damn joke, I know it is. I'm not going fucking crazy." Lottie said to herself as she paced the room back and forth until she slammed her fist into a nearby desk and cursed aloud in distraught."FUCK!"

~Back at the basement..~

A few minutes later, Zync finally disabled the missile in time and reported back to Kat and Keegan. "It's done," Zync said in a calm tone. "Good. Now we need to get out of here before they send in backup." Keegan said quickly as he started to move towards the basement stairs. Kat started to follow behind him at a fast pace until her radio turned on, and it was the sound of Lottie's voice. She sounded hurt and angry all at the same time as she spoke. "KAT! SHE'S GONE!" Lottie said as she ran through the hallway, trying to make it back to the entrance.

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down! What happened to Kye!?" Kat yelled back through the radio and ran up the stairs and out of the basement, with Keegan following alongside her. "I found her gear and patches of her uniform torn apart on the ground. That's it!" Lottie said angrily as she tried to hold back tears. "You got to be fucking with me, right!?" Kat asked confusingly and slightly pissed, not trying to believe everything she's hearing right now. "ESTOY SIENDO TAN SERIO AHORA MISMO! (I'M BEING SO SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!)" Lottie shouted as she hit a corner and waited behind a wall, seeing the entrance up ahead.

"We need to leave, now!" Lottie said as she turned off her radio and headed towards the entrance and outside near the vehicle. "Lottie? LOTTIE!? shit.." Kat screamed through her radio and turned it off while she kept running with Keegan back to the entrance. Keegan decided to use his earpiece to talk to Zync to warn him about the news.

"Zync, do you read me?" Keegan asked as they were near the entrance of the building. "What's going on?" Zync asked curiously as Ámilee stood nearby. "We lost Kye, I repeat we lost Kye. Head back to the van now!" Keegan ordered in a stern voice as he and Kat started to race towards the van.

"On our way," Zync said as he picked up his weapon and slid his device into his pocket while he quickly grabbed Ámilee by the arm and headed towards the van. "What's happening right now?" Ámilee asked as they continued to run towards the van. "It's about Kye.." Zync said in a low tone. "Is she...?" Ámilee asked with a small crack in her voice. "I don't know for sure, but all I know is we need to get back to the base, quickly."  

--------------