Chapter 4

Kat walked further into the room and took a seat on the couch next to Milo. "Okay, so I want you all to tell me what you want to be called. I will go first. My callsign is "Kaos", though some of you might know that name already. Now, Lottie, you go next, then keep going clockwise. Milo, we will just call you "kid" since you are one," Kat said. She turned to Milo and raised an eyebrow.

Milo looked offended and scoffed. "Excuse me? I will not be treated like a kid," he protested. Evelina laughed. "Why? You are spoiled like one," she joked. "Okay, Lottie, go ahead," Kat interrupted. Everyone turned to Lottie, waiting for her answer.

"Monarch. That's how I sign my kills, so it fits," she said. Kat nodded in approval and then turned to Kye. "Kye? What about you?" Kat questioned. Kye thought for a moment before a smirk appeared on her face. "Zulu," she said. There was no explanation behind it, but that was what she settled on.

"Okay...Zync, your turn," Kat said.

"Demon," he said without hesitation. Kat completely understood the reason behind the name, but Milo and Kye seemed to think it was a joke. "Are you deadass?" Milo said laughing. Kye was laughing but Kat shot her a glare and hit Milo in the back of his head, shutting it down quickly. Zync sighed, deciding he would explain. "Killed my cousin 'cause he said something I didn't take too kindly to, then my mother called me a demon. Killed her too," he said. Kat smirked, giving him a look of approval.

"Evelina, your turn," Lottie said trying to change the subject. "I like rain. It's peaceful, but when you aren't careful, it brings lightning which is deadly," Eve said. Kye chuckled, "nothing deadly about you, girly," she said. Evelina looked offended for a moment before retorting. "Don't get snappy with me, cupcake, ill tear you apart," she said. Kye rolled her eyes, but before she could say anything, Zync beat her to it. "Will you shut the fuck up?" he said.

They went silent.

Next was Alexis, who hadn't said anything the entire time.

Strange.

"Call me Lex. It sounds hot and it's easy to remember," she said. Kat nodded and raised an eyebrow, wondering if that was it. "You get more when I like you people. For now, stay out my business," she said. Kat rolled her eyes and scoffed, but nodded.

"Okay, i have one more thing to say. We have new medical staff, though there are only two of them. Their names are Carabella and Amilee. They are from Italy and El Salvador. If you see them, please treat them with respect. Milo! Do not flirt with them," Kat said. "Can I flirt with you then?" he said but immediately got shut down by Alexis. "Not a goddamn chance, kid," she said.

"Okay, you all can do whatever," Kat said. "Oh, Milo and Lottie, you come with me. I have a mission for you both," Kat continues.

The three make their way down one of the many hallways and into the briefing room. Once they were there, Kat went up to the computer and pulled up a file on someone.

Valeria Garza

"I want you to collect intel on her and her team. Now, they will know you are coming, so stay hidden. I need to know their next moves. They are planning an attack on someone, and I want to take the kill," Kat said. Lottie inspected the woman's file and smirked. "She's hot," Lottie said. "Valeria is a womanizer, Lottie, so be careful. Milo, You are there in case Lottie needs backup. Do not engage unless necessary," Kat said.

Lottie nodded, and Milo sighed. "Not fun, dude," he said. "Milo, sweetie, I could always just kill you and make Zync do it," Kat said. Milo sighed and rolled his eyes. "Roll your eyes again, kid, and I will pluck them out," Kat threatened. "You leave in an hour. Lottie, radio in when you arrive. Milo, protect her, and don't get caught,'' Kat ordered.

"Yes, ma'am," the two said in unison.

...

A/N: Hello everyone! I had some extra time to push out a short chapter! I absolutely love this book so much, and I am so excited that the plot is finally going where I intended. Please leave feedback! 

Love you all!

Modern Warfareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें