Chapter 8

Kye and Ghost were still in the gym. Kye finally got down from the pull-up bar after managing to do thirty-six. She glanced at the door and raised an eyebrow. She knew exactly what was going on between Valeria and Lottie.

She turned to Ghost and shrugged, walking up to him. "Still wanna spar? I could use some practice," she said. Ghost nodded. "Sure, gorgeous," he responded.

They both stood on the sparring mat and Kye made the first move. She threw a combination of punches but only managed to land a few. Her last punch was caught by Ghost's large hand. 

Ghost sweeps his leg under her feet and drops Kye to the ground, pinning her arms down.  "Stay focused, love. You get distracted and you die," he instructed. Kye was no ameture and was able to slip her way out of his grip.

She bucks her hips, throwing Ghost off balance using her legs to flip their position, and pinning him instead. "Stay focused, love," she mocked. "Don't underestimate me," she said. Ghost raised an eyebrow and swept his arms underneath Kye's, making her fall onto his chest.

"Oh, I think I should," he teased. He wrapped his arms around her waist, keeping her there. He pulled his mask up just past his lips and smirks. "You're skilled, love, but I'm better," he said.

He pulls his mask back down and lets go of Kye. She buffs and throws one last punch at his chest, landing it and nearly knocking the wind out of him. "Asshole," she said before standing up and going over to the barbell to reach a higher deadlift Max.

...

Kat was in her room trying to shake a severe headache caused by one of Price's men.

Keegan.

Everyone tends to do their own thing, sparring, training, and even just leisure time, but Keegan can't seem to leave Kat alone.

Nearly everyone had gone to bed, and Kat was looking through some files on the enemy they were trying to intercept. His name was Vladimir Makarov, and he'd stolen a bomb that they needed.

"This is bullshit," Kat whispers to herself. The plan was to do this with her team and no one else, but Price had different plans. Just then, she heard a knock at the door.

"What?" she called out. The door opened, revealing none other than Keegan P. Russ. Kat groaned in annoyance. He walked closer to her and sat on the bed next to her.

"What do you want, puppy?" she said. He was like a dog, always somewhere he shouldn't be. "Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine," he retorted. Kat rolled her eyes.

"Get out," she demanded. Keegan shook his head. "Need to ask about the mission tomorrow. Who's going?" Keegan asked. Kat raised an eyebrow. "Of course, price told you. Well, I'm going, then there's Zync, Lottie, and Kye. And we're bringing one medic, so Ámilee will join us as well," Kat answered. The attitude in her voice was apparent.

Keegan nodded. He wasn't going, but he knew Ghost and Soap would be there with Price. "You need to lose that attitude," Keegan said. Kat rolled her eyes. "Leave. Now," she demanded.

Keegan got up from the bed. He let out a deep chuckle. "Later," Keegan said, and he walked to the door and left. Kat let out a sigh of annoyance. She picked up her phone and unlocked it, opening her phone app. She called the one person she knew she could vent to.