✨Prologue✨

I was six years old when I first saw him.

I remember it so clearly, as if it merely happened yesterday, and not twenty years ago.

I was in a dark forest, surrounded by large trees that casted shadows down upon me.

The only bright thing I could see, was the color red.
A man, his back to me, standing in the only clearing of this forest, while he hummed an old song I can't quite remember.

I approached him, before his head turn to look at me.
I had never been more frightened in my life when I saw him.

His eyes were as red as blood, his teeth sharp, and his smile...a wide smile from ear to ear, made my blood run cold.
I was frightened, but in this dream, he kneeled down before me to meet my height.

"Why, isn't this interesting?" I heard him say, "hello little mortal!"

His voice was static like a radio, and whenever he tilted his head, his red and black hair that resembled deer ears would tilt as well.
He never shown to be a threat during those few moments, but when he stood back up again, he grinned down at me, and said these words that still haunt me.

"I suppose we will be seeing each other more often."

Why, you ask, would that haunt me?
Because he was telling the truth.

Ever since that night, I've seen him in my dreams consistently, nearly every night when I was young, before turning to at least four times a week when I became a young teen.

The most creepy part about it is...he remembered everything.
He remembered what we talked about in the dreams prior, would point out that I'm growing like a weed.

This wasn't a normal dream. This was something else.
When I tried to tell my family, they believed that I was doing bad things, like drugs.

When I proved that I wasn't, they assigned me for therapy and got me a psychiatrist, who prescribed me a medication that would make me have dreamless nights.

Those pills were the only things that could keep that...thing out of my head.

When there was a night when I didn't take them...he was there.

But I can't help but wonder this...
Was he...always there?

IS he...always there?

That's a question I didn't get the answer to until I turned twenty six.
So to cut this short;

Hi, my name is Y/N L/N, and this...is my story.