✨(Bonus Chapter)✨

(LISTEN TO SONG WHILE READING!)

*Alastor's POV*

"...Alastor! Alastor!"
I lower my hands from my face to see a girl, one year younger then I, with E/C eyes, H/C hair that runs down her back, running towards me, her hands full of New Orleans wildflowers.

"Elizabeth?" I get up, looking down to see that I'm a ten year old boy again, wearing my shorts and white button up shirt, my hair a brown color, and a pair of glasses on my eyes.

She approaches me, and I quickly take a step back, shaking my head. "No, d-don't," I wipe at my tear filled eyes, sniffling. "Just leave me alone."

Her eyes soften when they see me, her happy, bright expression changing to a saddened look.
"...Is it your papa again?" she whispers hesitently.

I clench a fist, and squeeze my lips in a tight line, nodding.
Papa and mama got in a fight again tonight, papa hit her, and when I tried to make him stop, he hit me.

Elizabeth drops her flowers, hugging me.
The sudden hug makes my eyes widen and a slight gasp come out of my lips.

"It will be okay, Alastor," she pulls away, arms still on my shoulders, "My mama says that if you just smile, all the bad feelings will get pushed away."

My mother says the same thing to me, but...I feel like smiling right now would be hard. Especially when I can practically still hear they're fighting off in the distance.

I sigh softly, before I feel Elizabeth's soft hand touch mine.
"Come on," she tugs at me, "let's go play!"

"Eliza-"
She turns to face me, which shuts me up in an instant. "Everything will be fine, Alastor," she smiles brightly, "you have me!"

My heart beats a little faster at her words...you have me.

★★★

Now, I'm a fourteen year old boy, leaning against the wall of a building where a party is being held.
In the crowd, I see Elizabeth, laughing, smiling, and talking with her friends. Her hair tied up in a bun as she wears a red skirt with a black blouse.

I can't help but blush while I stare at her.

At some point, her eyes fall on me, and she runs up to me.
"Are you having fun?" she asks, blushing as she tucks some hair behind her ear.

I nod, smiling. "Of course."
I do quite enjoy dances and parties...it takes my mind off any issues I'm dealing with either at home or...with bullies.

"Me too," she grins, before she quickly glances at me, then at the floor, before suddenly, I feel her lips press against my cheek in a rushed manner.
My jaw drops, and I look at her, who has quickly looked away, cheeks pink from embarrassment.

She's never kissed me before...why did she think of doing that now?
Still, I kind of liked it...

I smirk a little, taking her hand, "would you like to dance?"
She looks at me, cheeks still bright pink as she nods, smiling from ear to ear before we go to the dancefloor.