Ch. 5 ✨The Medium✨

*The Next Morning*
*Y/N's POV*

God, should I even be doing this? Because if what I believe IS true...will I even be able to keep my sanity?

I mean, fuck, a freaking SERIAL KILLER COULD BE LIVING IN MY DREAMS!
What if he's trying to possess me? Trying to function in the living world with MY BODY?!

The thought of it has me slamming the door open.
I need to get this spirit away from me. NOW!

"Where is the medium?!" I say, glancing around the dark room, filled with candles used for light, the scent of herbs and sage burning in the air, and crystals displayed on every self.

In the corner, sits a woman, dressed in beads and wearing crystals, as she holds her hand over a large crystal ball that seems to glow a little.

"Such doubt clouds your mind...I sense an unwelcoming aura," she opens her eyes and looks at me, "come, sit."

I sit in an instant, and set my hands on the table.
"I think a serial killer's soul is trying to possess me," I explain, "I've been dreaming of this man ever since I was six years old, and it's never anything else BUT him."

"Hmm," she brings a hand to her lips, processing everything that I just said.

"I do feel an unwelcoming presence, but I don't believe it to be possession." She flicks her fingers down at the glass ball between us.

"Look inside, tell me what you see."

I stare at the ball, and see nothing for several moments. And just when I was about to say that I can't see anything, suddenly something appears.

I see HIM. The man in my dreams, Alastor. And me, standing by him.
My eyes widen.

He smiles down at me, reaching up to tuck some hair behind my ear as I stare up at him, before we're leaning in, closer and closer until...

Instantly, I gulp.

"Well?" the medium asks. "What do you see?"

"Uhhh..." I say, forcing to tear my eyes away. "Nothing," I lie.
No way in HELL am I talking about this with her! And I myself will refuse to believe THIS.

She purses her lips, before standing. "If I may, can I touch you?"

"Pardon?!" I say, before I feel her thumb press on my forehead where the Third Eye is.
Her eyes are closed, as she mutters words under her breath.

Suddenly, my eyes close as well, and I feel like I'm flying at a million miles per hour.
Images flash before my mind, of a young man, with brown hair, standing in a swampy forest, blood on his lips and hands, as he smiles menacingly with a shovel full of dirt and blood.

Then, I see him running away, as a pack of hound dogs chase him down.

And then...I see him as the man I see in my dreams, but in what appears to be a Hell, slaughtering other unimaginable beings, gladly.

These visions fly by me so fast I can barely catch a glimpse.
Then, there's visions of me as a child in my dreams standing in front of him.

Then me when I was a teenager.

And me now...except...

We're closer, touching each others faces in a tentative way, before we kiss.
And then...the final images, where I scream at him in a rage, as he stands there, taking it all.

And suddenly, I see his grinning face, smiling at me. Haunting me...

"Ahh!"

The Medium pulls away in fear with such haste I nearly fall out of my seat.

"Get out!" she screams at me, before throwing sage and holding a Christ T between me and her. "Satanist! Satanist!"

"No! No please tell me what's wrong!" I shout, before she pushes me out of the room and out of her house, onto the street.

"Please! I need to know how to stop this!" I plead, but she doesn't listen, she stares at me in horror, as if I'm the devil himself.

"No demon will ever stand in my presence!" she screams, before slamming and locking the door.

Wait...did she say, demon?

My eyes widen, my heart is pounding out of my chest, and I can barely breathe.
Is this man...a demon?

The world is falling on top of me, and I can't hold it up for much longer.
I run to my car and get in, speeding out of there.

I can't rely on her help, and no way will I go to a priest for help. If this matter does consist of demons, then I will be practically burned at the stake.

No, I need to see him.

I need to fall asleep, and see Alastor. He has the answers, and no matter what, I will get these answers.